Wikiposts

TRA at last

Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA at last

Hi all

Well I guess from Sara's earlier thread you realise we have news from the TRA.

Well you'll be right. Although there is good news and bad news.

First the good news.

We got a call from our agent at around 8 this morning. She has received the letter from the TRA and we have a positive assessment.

Yeesssssss!!!!!!

Now the bad news
We asked about the deeming date.
December 2003

Noooooooo!!!!

What this means is that we won't be able to apply until December 2004 as we won't have the 12 of the last 18 months work experience.
Because of this it means we will have to put up the bond to get 110 points.

We had hoped to get an early deeming date an get the 10 points for work experience.

It has left us, and especially Sara, a bit deflated, angry and upset.

We have been waiting for this day for ages and when it comes we were expecting to be celebrating, instead we now on a bit of a downer again. It's that rollercoaster ride feeling again.

Anyway at least we have the positive result we've been waiting for.
Our agent is going to email us tomorrow with our options.

Hope the rest of you waiting get your results soon.

Graham
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TRA at last

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi all

First the good news.

We got a call from our agent at around 8 this morning. She has received the letter from the TRA and we have a positive assessment.

Yeesssssss!!!!!!

Now the bad news
December 2003

Noooooooo!!!!

What this means is that we won't be able to apply until December 2004 as we won't have the 12 of the last 18 months work experience.

We had hoped to get an early deeming date an get the 10 points for work experience.

We have been waiting for this day for ages and when it comes we were expecting to be celebrating, instead we now on a bit of a downer again. It's that rollercoaster ride feeling again.

Graham
congratulations Graham n Sara on the positive result im so pleased for you both.

the deeming date is a bit of a bummer is it right though?
i can understand Sara being upset and angry but at least you got a pass i know the wait will be a nightmare for you both. i hope your agent can suggest something else for you so you can get there quicker

well done

Debs xxxxx

ps ive edited this lol just realised you said dec 2004 n not 2005. having to wait for an extra 3-4 months isnt too bad at least its not going to be dec 2005 like i thought it said

Last edited by xxdebsonlinexx; Aug 25th 2004 at 8:39 pm. Reason: missed something out
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

ettle is an unknown quantity at this point

Been waiting to here if you guys were given the thumbs up for a while now.
Congrats on the poss assesment - bit of a bummer about the points though.

At least you still have a good chance of getting in, all the best.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:52 pm
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xxdebsonlinexx
congratulations Graham n Sara on the positive result im so pleased for you both.

the deeming date is a bit of a bummer is it right though?
i can understand Sara being upset and angry but at least you got a pass i know the wait will be a nightmare for you both. i hope your agent can suggest something else for you so you can get there quicker

well done

Debs xxxxx
Thank Debs.

I know I should be focusing on the positive outcome but right now all I can see are obstacles.

First there's the delay before we can even apply to SA for sponsorship (for SIR), then there's the bond, the stress of getting the most out of the house sale, the struggle of a practically non-existant financial cushion if we do make it in and so on, etc.

I know that lots of people migrate under similar circumstances and that I should be grateful that at least the assessment was positive; it just seems that if it contradicts our plans, it'll happen to us I fully expect to learn at my medical (whenever that happens) that I used to a man or have some exotic disease or something)!

I'm not normally this pessimistic but after 17 weeks of waiting for those 'lovely' people at TRA I feel I deserve a good wallow in self pity!

One very glum Sara
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sarsa
Thank Debs.

I know I should be focusing on the positive outcome but right now all I can see are obstacles.

First there's the delay before we can even apply to SA for sponsorship (for SIR), then there's the bond, the stress of getting the most out of the house sale, the struggle of a practically non-existant financial cushion if we do make it in and so on, etc.

I know that lots of people migrate under similar circumstances and that I should be grateful that at least the assessment was positive; it just seems that if it contradicts our plans, it'll happen to us I fully expect to learn at my medical (whenever that happens) that I used to a man or have some exotic disease or something)!

I'm not normally this pessimistic but after 17 weeks of waiting for those 'lovely' people at TRA I feel I deserve a good wallow in self pity!

One very glum Sara

aaaawww Sara them obstacles will seem like big mountains at the moment but when you have sat down and thought it all through they will seem like mole hills.

as the deeming date is dec 2003 then if you wait till dec this year that will give you the 12 months experience(if that is what you needed for extra 10 points) so you wont need the bond money is that right?
waiting till dec this year im sure will be nothing compaired to the wait you have just had.

you need to sit down with a nice drink and then say it doesnt matter about the wait we can do it whats another few months.
before you know it you will be on a plane laughing at what you had to go through im sure

all the best to you and Graham i hope your felling better about it all soon

Debs xxx
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:12 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Hi Graham and Sara

So pleased that your wait is finally over, Congratulations on getting your pass but so sorry that the deeming date didn't come through for you.

I know sometimes when you start this process things can begin to look as if the odds are stacking up against you.

I really hope that you can find a way around it.

Good Luck

Julia
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:16 pm
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xxdebsonlinexx

as the deeming date is dec 2003 then if you wait till dec this year that will give you the 12 months experience(if that is what you needed for extra 10 points) so you wont need the bond money is that right?

Debs xxx
Thanks again Debs.

Unfortunately the deeming date means we only get five points for 12 months in the last 18 months experience (in Dec 04) and not the ten for three years out of the last four we had hoped for. That means we are going to have to pay the bond for the extra five points just to get to 110. I should be glad that at least we do have enough equity in the house for that.

None of these obstacles are unsurmountable, we'd just have liked something to go our way for a change. I really am down, aren't I?

Off to lick my wounds,

Sara
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

adam2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

First the good news.

Yeesssssss!!!!!!

Now the bad news
December 2003

Noooooooo!!!!

Graham

Congrats for "postive result''

Best of luck

adam
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:02 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: TRA at last

I'm confused as thought you only needed 70 points for SA, or is that just for skills in demand????
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
I'm confused as thought you only needed 70 points for SA, or is that just for skills in demand????
Yes that is just for the STNI visa for a SIR visa you need 110 points.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi bridiej

we are hoping to apply for the SIR visa which needs 110 points.
My trade is not in demand so I can't apply for STNI mores the pity/

Graham
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:38 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi bridiej

we are hoping to apply for the SIR visa which needs 110 points.
My trade is not in demand so I can't apply for STNI mores the pity/

Graham
That's a shame but maybe worth getting in touch with SA to see if they would still sponsor you for STNI - you never now?

Good luck x
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

That's a shame but maybe worth getting in touch with SA to see if they would still sponsor you for STNI - you never now?

Good luck x
Congratulations on the positive assessment!

Reading this thread has made me worry about our deeming date now... Ians deeming date was November 2001, what does that mean to us??? How many points do we get??? We have got STNI for Vic and currently have 115 points - will this affect us???

Oh no! Someone please put our minds at rest!!!

Tracey
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by traceyandian
Congratulations on the positive assessment!

Reading this thread has made me worry about our deeming date now... Ians deeming date was November 2001, what does that mean to us??? How many points do we get??? We have got STNI for Vic and currently have 115 points - will this affect us???

Oh no! Someone please put our minds at rest!!!

Tracey

Hi Tracey
If you are applying for STNI then the points won't matter. All you need is 70 points and a positive skills assessment.
You should be fine.

Graham
Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:43 am
joveazey

Talking Re: TRA at last

Hi Graham and Sarah,

I knew you'd get it today !! Bummer about the deeming thing - I don't know what our date is as I haven't seen the letter yet, the lady that was getting the post while the agent was on hols just told me that it said that Mark was classified as a bricklayer and that this doesn't guarantee entry to the country or something ?? How does the deeming date thing work ?? Mark has worked for the same employer for 16 years and has no apprenticeship just on the job training - what do you think that will mean for us ?

Anyway, sorry to go on. I am really chuffed that at last you got a result, it's a good result, even if it's not exactly what you hoped. Well done !

Kind regards,
Jo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.