TRA Help Fabricator/boilermaker/welder

Old May 7th 2008, 7:13 am

Swheeler is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TRA Help Fabricator/boilermaker/welder

Hi everyone

i am currently trying to put together all the information required by the tra, not really sure how much detail i need to include. I have been offered a job in south australia but first need to have a successful tra result. I have qualifications and work experience as a welder fabricator but not really sure exactly where to start does anyone have any advice should i go down the route of employing an expert to help or is this a waste of money.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice
Default Re: TRA Help Fabricator/boilermaker/welder

Hi,
My hubby passed his TRA as metal fabricator last year. We used an agent, but we will help if we can. What do you need to know?
Old May 8th 2008, 9:38 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swheeler
Hi everyone

i am currently trying to put together all the information required by the tra, not really sure how much detail i need to include. I have been offered a job in south australia but first need to have a successful tra result. I have qualifications and work experience as a welder fabricator but not really sure exactly where to start does anyone have any advice should i go down the route of employing an expert to help or is this a waste of money.
Dear SW,

A lot of people do their own TRA applications, but obviously those engaging agents, particularly experienced agents, have higher success rates.

However you might want to explore whether your prospective employer would like to sponsor you, that might make the process a bit quicker and cheaper for you.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 11th 2008, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by hello kitty
Hi,
My hubby passed his TRA as metal fabricator last year. We used an agent, but we will help if we can. What do you need to know?
Hi Kitty
yes please love some help, I have an NVQ in Foundation Engineering level 2 which i gained during my apprenticeship plus other coding which are only really relevant to the actual job. I did an apprenticeship but what exactly does formal meanand how much detail do they need.
Old May 11th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice

For a skilled independent visa 136 (lodged Aug '07 - I think some details about the application have changed since then so probably best to check on the Oz immigration website) my hubby needed 6 years work experience in his trade. He has City & Guilds qualification but not sure if this is compulsory. We had to get references from every employer, they had to be very detailed with specific tasks relating to his job & the tools he used. He had to make sure they covered the criteria detailed in the ASCO code for a metal fabricator. He also included a self declaration detailing his work experience & history as he is a contractor & moves around to different companies regularly. The website for the ASCO codes is www.acacia-au.com/asco. We employed an agent to help us with our application because we wanted to make sure we had included everything. Basically the more relevant info you include the better. From what I have read on the forum some people have failed the TRA the first time when they did it alone but found they passed second time around with an agent. Hope this helps.
Old May 11th 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.acacia-au.com/asco/4122-11.php

Here's the specific ASCO description for your job
Old May 12th 2008, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by hello kitty
http://www.acacia-au.com/asco/4122-11.php

Here's the specific ASCO description for your job
Thanks for all your help

we have decided to use an agent. Fingers crossed.