TRA Help With evidence Chef Apprenticeship

Old May 10th 2008, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

si2oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TRA Help With evidence Chef Apprenticeship

Could someone who knows please help me!

Having Received an UNsuccessful skills assessment for reasons of "No evidence of an informal apprenticeship of 5 years"
I have been a chef all my working life, obviously started as a trainee then a commis chef Attended collage day release for 706/1&2 and my informal apprenticeship was on the job training!
What evidence should I Supply to support this?

Any help with this matter gratefully received

A very upset

Si
Old May 10th 2008, 4:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Help With evidence Chef Apprenticeship

Originally Posted by si2oz
Could someone who knows please help me!

Having Received an UNsuccessful skills assessment for reasons of "No evidence of an informal apprenticeship of 5 years"
I have been a chef all my working life, obviously started as a trainee then a commis chef Attended collage day release for 706/1&2 and my informal apprenticeship was on the job training!
What evidence should I Supply to support this?

Any help with this matter gratefully received

A very upset

Si
Get professional advice! If you fail a TRA the best way to get through next time is to pay for professional guidance
Old May 10th 2008, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Get professional advice! If you fail a TRA the best way to get through next time is to pay for professional guidance
So you don't think its even worth trying for an internal review?
Old May 11th 2008, 10:20 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

sorry can't help with your question as when I did mine I was lucky to get it under pathway D but good luck
Old May 11th 2008, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paul30
sorry can't help with your question as when I did mine I was lucky to get it under pathway D but good luck
Thanx for your support.
Old May 11th 2008, 12:26 pm
Fur TV No.1 Fan!

ozziedremer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Si

So sorry to hear your news. What did you send with your application? Surely the C&G copy certs/syllabus and reference from employer at that time should suffice?

We are just waiting for our TRA result, but happily send you examples of when Jason did his 7061/2 ... PM me if you like?

Sal
Old May 11th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

chrissy990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Si

Sorry to hear of your plight. We have just finished completing my husbands TRA as a cook. We have included copies of his certificates, a syllabus, a letter from his employer giving a brief work history and he has written a few pages giving details of how he progressed from a trainee chef to a chef instructing new members of the kitchen.

We hope this is enough!! What details did you provide?
Old May 11th 2008, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chrissy990
Hi Si

Sorry to hear of your plight. We have just finished completing my husbands TRA as a cook. We have included copies of his certificates, a syllabus, a letter from his employer giving a brief work history and he has written a few pages giving details of how he progressed from a trainee chef to a chef instructing new members of the kitchen.

We hope this is enough!! What details did you provide?
Thank you for your support.

I provided the same details. But have just understood that I was missing some infomation on my Statutory declaration.

I think I should remove this thread as not to alarm others.

Im sure you what you have is fine.

all the best

Si
Old May 11th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

turkey is on a distinguished road

Hi, I had an informal apprenticeship. I got a letter from the girl who was my employer at the time, mind you it was 20yrs ago. We went to a solicitor and she signed it in front of him. Also she didn't have anything to say she owned the shop as she had sold it 18yrs ago. Any way it worked for me as i passed my TRA in Oct. We used an agent and they were very good they are Overseas Emmigration based in Scotland. Hope this helps.

Julie
Old May 11th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Hi, Its all in the wording - we got turned down with tra first time around and because we didn't want to fail the appeal we used an agency and he said it was all the wording - what we thought would go for us went against us!! I would say speak to an agency