British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   TRA Help With evidence Chef Apprenticeship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/tra-help-evidence-chef-apprenticeship-535638/)

si2oz May 10th 2008 3:37 pm

TRA Help With evidence Chef Apprenticeship

Could someone who knows please help me!

Having Received an UNsuccessful skills assessment for reasons of "No evidence of an informal apprenticeship of 5 years"
I have been a chef all my working life, obviously started as a trainee then a commis chef Attended collage day release for 706/1&2 and my informal apprenticeship was on the job training!
What evidence should I Supply to support this?

Any help with this matter gratefully received

A very upset

Si

Pollyana May 10th 2008 4:29 pm

Re: TRA Help With evidence Chef Apprenticeship

Originally Posted by si2oz (Post 6333505)
Could someone who knows please help me!

Having Received an UNsuccessful skills assessment for reasons of "No evidence of an informal apprenticeship of 5 years"
I have been a chef all my working life, obviously started as a trainee then a commis chef Attended collage day release for 706/1&2 and my informal apprenticeship was on the job training!
What evidence should I Supply to support this?

Any help with this matter gratefully received

A very upset

Si

Get professional advice! If you fail a TRA the best way to get through next time is to pay for professional guidance :)

si2oz May 10th 2008 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6333697)
Get professional advice! If you fail a TRA the best way to get through next time is to pay for professional guidance :)

So you don't think its even worth trying for an internal review?

paul30 May 11th 2008 10:20 am

sorry can't help with your question as when I did mine I was lucky to get it under pathway D but good luck

si2oz May 11th 2008 10:26 am

Originally Posted by paul30 (Post 6335919)
sorry can't help with your question as when I did mine I was lucky to get it under pathway D but good luck

Thanx for your support.

ozziedremer May 11th 2008 12:26 pm

Hi Si

So sorry to hear your news. What did you send with your application? Surely the C&G copy certs/syllabus and reference from employer at that time should suffice?

We are just waiting for our TRA result, but happily send you examples of when Jason did his 7061/2 ... PM me if you like?

Sal

chrissy990 May 11th 2008 4:44 pm

Hi Si

Sorry to hear of your plight. We have just finished completing my husbands TRA as a cook. We have included copies of his certificates, a syllabus, a letter from his employer giving a brief work history and he has written a few pages giving details of how he progressed from a trainee chef to a chef instructing new members of the kitchen.

We hope this is enough!! What details did you provide?

si2oz May 11th 2008 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by chrissy990 (Post 6336846)
Hi Si

Sorry to hear of your plight. We have just finished completing my husbands TRA as a cook. We have included copies of his certificates, a syllabus, a letter from his employer giving a brief work history and he has written a few pages giving details of how he progressed from a trainee chef to a chef instructing new members of the kitchen.

We hope this is enough!! What details did you provide?

Thank you for your support.

I provided the same details. But have just understood that I was missing some infomation on my Statutory declaration.

I think I should remove this thread as not to alarm others.

Im sure you what you have is fine.

all the best

Si

turkey May 11th 2008 4:57 pm

Hi, I had an informal apprenticeship. I got a letter from the girl who was my employer at the time, mind you it was 20yrs ago. We went to a solicitor and she signed it in front of him. Also she didn't have anything to say she owned the shop as she had sold it 18yrs ago. Any way it worked for me as i passed my TRA in Oct. We used an agent and they were very good they are Overseas Emmigration based in Scotland. Hope this helps.

Julie

Basty May 11th 2008 5:06 pm

Hi, Its all in the wording - we got turned down with tra first time around and because we didn't want to fail the appeal we used an agency and he said it was all the wording - what we thought would go for us went against us!! I would say speak to an agency