TRA Application

Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA Application

Almost ready to submit skills assessment to TRA but just wanted to check... will the syllabuses for the City & Guilds courses my husband completed during his Engineering apprenticeship be acceptable for the TRA or would I:
a) have to get copies certified or
b) type them all out manually??!!

Also, through experience what is best to get x2 copies certified at this stage as they will require resubmission when we compile our immigration application?

Thanks v much,
Martine
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Application

Originally Posted by milliewoos
Almost ready to submit skills assessment to TRA but just wanted to check... will the syllabuses for the City & Guilds courses my husband completed during his Engineering apprenticeship be acceptable for the TRA or would I:

Also, through experience what is best to get x2 copies certified at this stage as they will require resubmission when we compile our immigration application?

Thanks v much,
Martine
Can't help you with the apprenticeship thing but regarding the certified copies I would say yes get them done twice. Like you said you've got to send them with the visa application. Good luck with it
Lynne
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:44 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks v much,
Martine
Hi Martine, We sent off the c&g syllabus and just got the front page signed to say these 132 pages are a true copy of the original.
Good Luck
Katie
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant - thanks for that. Have you had a positive skills assessment back now then?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant - thanks for that. Have you had a positive skills assessment back now then?
We did yes 09/02/06. Have just sent application yesterday.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks v much,
Martine

Our agent has sent us three copies of certified documents back after our visa grant. So it may be an idea to get three, if you don't have an agent that is. Then you will have a spare set for when you get to Australia.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
Our agent has sent us three copies of certified documents back after our visa grant. So it may be an idea to get three, if you don't have an agent that is. Then you will have a spare set for when you get to Australia.
Do you need a spare set for when you get to Australia?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick69
Do you need a spare set for when you get to Australia?
I've no idea, but with all the talk about licensing I'm edging my bets and taking an extra set just in case.

It's better than having to so it all again. I will let you know whats what as I have e-mailed my agent and asked what the procedure is for getting an electricians license when we get there.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glennandkate
Hi Martine, We sent off the c&g syllabus and just got the front page signed to say these 132 pages are a true copy of the original.
Good Luck
Katie
So is it not good enough to send a copy of my City & Guilds certificate?
I had no Idea they might want a copy of the syllabus.

Jazzy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jazzys

Jazzy

I just sent the certificate for hubby's TRA. Plus a reference from the guy he had a apprentice placement with. I didn't send the syllabus and ours came back OK.

Hubby is an Electrician, don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:05 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Jazzy
We sent both - they need the certificate as proof of passing the exam. I sent the syllabus so they could see what the course entailed. I have heard of some people who didn't send the syllabus and get through and I have heard of some people where they are requested. I have such bad luck if that if I hadn't sent the syllabus they would of asked for it...
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:14 pm
yeah but no but

Originally Posted by WendyC
I've no idea, but with all the talk about licensing I'm edging my bets and taking an extra set just in case.

It's better than having to so it all again. I will let you know whats what as I have e-mailed my agent and asked what the procedure is for getting an electricians license when we get there.
I was talking to my DH last night about this - I think we are going to do the same and take extra copies. DH is a fitter so no need for a license(dont think so anyway) but I read about someone needing to get the TRA to convert their British qualifications into Aussie ones and for this you need to send everything you sent off the first time (and it costs another $300).
I bet the TRA have profits to rival British Gas
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking to my DH last night about this - I think we are going to do the same and take extra copies. DH is a fitter so no need for a license(dont think so anyway) but I read about someone needing to get the TRA to convert their British qualifications into Aussie ones and for this you need to send everything you sent off the first time (and it costs another $300).
You say your husband is a fitter, well that ain't a million miles away from being a toolmaker which is what I am. (actually I'm currently working as a fitter because toolmaking has gone a bit titz up in this country)

I emigrated in 1988 but came back in 91. I never got anything converted and I don't think your hubby will need to either. What they want is copies of all your hubbys certificates and references stating what type of work he has done and the tools used so that they can confirm whether or not his apprenticeship in the UK is much the same as a fitters apprenticeship in Oz.

I hope that helps.

Jazzy
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:18 am
yeah but no but

You say your husband is a fitter, well that ain't a million miles away from being a toolmaker which is what I am. (actually I'm currently working as a fitter because toolmaking has gone a bit titz up in this country)

I emigrated in 1988 but came back in 91. I never got anything converted and I don't think your hubby will need to either. What they want is copies of all your hubbys certificates and references stating what type of work he has done and the tools used so that they can confirm whether or not his apprenticeship in the UK is much the same as a fitters apprenticeship in Oz.

I hope that helps.

Jazzy
Thanks for that Jazzy
Old Feb 26th 2006, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I bet they do too