British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/thread-timeline-processing-how-long-piece-string-questions-614865/)

scaria197 Jun 17th 2009 12:53 pm

Got this in a PLE?? any inputs

What does this mean..this does not fall in the standard "Routine checks" category. Moderators, please feel feel to move this to a thread suitable for this.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s General Skilled Migration program.

Your file is currently with your case officer for further processing. If your case officer requires any additional documentation/information to assist in the processing of your visa application they will contact you shortly. We appreciate your patience in this matter. For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

Yours sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXX
Department of Immigration and Citizenship

commonwealth Jun 17th 2009 12:55 pm

Re: Got this in a PLE?? any inputs

Originally Posted by scaria197 (Post 7672790)
What does this mean..this does not fall in the standard "Routine checks" category. Moderators, please feel feel to move this to a thread suitable for this.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s General Skilled Migration program.

Your file is currently with your case officer for further processing. If your case officer requires any additional documentation/information to assist in the processing of your visa application they will contact you shortly. We appreciate your patience in this matter. For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

Yours sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXX

I think they are verifying your police clearances and work references. I got this PLE before and my visa was delayed by 3 months. Be patient.

cookiestar Jun 17th 2009 12:56 pm

That's a pretty straightforward answer. I don't see what there is in the message that can be difficult to understand :confused: A CO has your file and they don't need anything else from you just now. If they want anything else they'll get in touch with you. Simple.

Dorothy Jun 17th 2009 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by cookiestar (Post 7672803)
That's a pretty straightforward answer. I don't see what there is in the message that can be difficult to understand :confused: A CO has your file and they don't need anything else from you just now. If they want anything else they'll get in touch with you. Simple.

Yup. That is exactly what it says. I don't understand the confusion?

ajt Jun 17th 2009 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by scaria197 (Post 7672790)

Dear Sir,

Yours sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXX

HI Scaria
Dont have an answer to your question , have a doubt though

Generally how does one send a PLE, Do we simply select the option " What is the status of my application?"
or do we select the option "Other" and enter our enquiry in the text box ?

Anybody.. kindly reply

Axe Jun 17th 2009 1:35 pm

Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Don't send a PLE...

I heard that everytime you send a PLE, they look at your file and then put it at the bottom of the pile!

scaria197 Jun 17th 2009 2:12 pm

ajt,

If you have a specific question on your file/application use the other option and write your query. However, personally I check that and include a question about my status in the query box. Checking abutton and sending the PLE is a little impersonal IMO.

-scaria197

Mukesam Jun 17th 2009 2:26 pm

Those who have/had everything = 'Met'; please share your experience

Hi,

This thread is for all those who have online status = 'Met' and have not received visa yet. They can share their Post 'Met' experiences here. It will help in diffusing confusion about verifications checks, security checks or other routine processes.

My status was updated on 2nd June, 2009 and everything = 'Met'. I submitted payslips, bank statements, job designation details on HR letter, company employee card, 2 employee of the months certificate, experience letter etc upfront.

Please share the following:
1) Date when everything changed = Met 02/06/2009
2) Job verification done Y/N N
3) Any other checks/Call from Immigration officials Y/N N

Those who had status = 'Met' and had their visas, please share your experience as well.

Regards,

Pollyana Jun 17th 2009 2:34 pm

Numerous threads merged for the reasons you will find earlier in the thread HERE and if you are still in any doubt I suggest you read and digest the sticky thread HERE

Punani Jun 17th 2009 2:35 pm

Don't forget to send a PLE!!!

When they put your file on the bottom of the pile (as i hear they do everytime you send a PLE), mine will move closer to the top.

Pollyana Jun 17th 2009 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Punani (Post 7673117)

When they put your file on the bottom of the pile (as i hear they do everytime you send a PLE), .

When will you guys stop posting baseless rumours? :rolleyes:

Axe Jun 17th 2009 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7673122)
When will you guys stop posting baseless rumours? :rolleyes:

Probably when all the fools on here stop sending PLE's everytime they sneeze
Or when they no longer start thread after thread after thread asking the same unanswerable questions.

In other words, not in the foreseeable future ;)

Gtrotter Jun 17th 2009 3:31 pm

Great a dedicated thread for timeline discussions and theories.

I heard if you apply on a monday your visa gets processed faster :eek:

Punani Jun 17th 2009 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Gtrotter (Post 7673360)
I heard if you apply on a monday your visa gets processed faster :eek:

Only if it's raining in Adelaide at the time, cause then the CO's don't go outside and sit under the trees.

Mukesam Jun 17th 2009 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Punani (Post 7673410)
Only if it's raining in Adelaide at the time, cause then the CO's don't go outside and sit under the trees.

:lol:Does the same 'Tree rule' applies to Brisbane and Perth Co's?:D