British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/thread-timeline-processing-how-long-piece-string-questions-614865/)

coolerkingcooler Jun 15th 2009 6:09 pm

Re: HOw much notice will Immi give when changing?

Originally Posted by reddragon81 (Post 7665775)
from a migrantion agent's newsletter i subscribed to.

it says
A senior DIAC official in Brisbane last week made some pertinent comments about the direction of the skilled migration program. In particular he identified that students completing courses in cooking, hairdressing, accounting and welfare did not necessarily have the desired affect of alleviating skills shortages in Australia, and that the skilled program would try and address this by making sure to have a quality rather than a quantitative outcome. Expect possible legislative changes soon in this regards.

p.s. as the moderator said, nobody should pay too much attention to these "rumours".
Mine was just an example because I wanted to understande how DIAC behaved in the past in this regard, if giving notice (like they did with the CSL, that was announced in December and implemented in March) or not.

It was implemented beginning of Jan and the changed in March.

Cooler

Ahmadj Jun 15th 2009 9:20 pm

Maximum waiting time for routine checks?

Hello..

This is not about timelines or expectations of visa, so moderators please don't close the thread.

I am writing to ask about routine checks. Is there a maximum waiting time set by DIAC for external agencies to respond? or a maximum time to give an answer to the applicant?
I mean, for example, the green card scheme from Danish Immigration, they commit themselves to giving an answer within a month from the date of receipt of application (if all documents are complete).

Is there a similar rule regarding routine checks followed by DIAC? Can the checks be unresolved for like forever? and subsequently the application remain undecided indefinitely?

Ahmad

Pollyana Jun 15th 2009 11:29 pm

Re: Maximum waiting time for routine checks?

Originally Posted by Ahmadj (Post 7667715)
Hello..

This is not about timelines or expectations of visa, so moderators please don't close the thread.

I am writing to ask about routine checks. Is there a maximum waiting time set by DIAC for external agencies to respond? or a maximum time to give an answer to the applicant?
I mean, for example, the green card scheme from Danish Immigration, they commit themselves to giving an answer within a month from the date of receipt of application (if all documents are complete).

Is there a similar rule regarding routine checks followed by DIAC? Can the checks be unresolved for like forever? and subsequently the application remain undecided indefinitely?

Ahmad

No there is no set time. DIAC has no control over the time checks take when they are being done by other countries, and that is the usual reason for the sdelays - its not Australia being slow, its the home nation of the applicant.

korn_bo2 Jun 16th 2009 12:43 am

Re: Our online application says

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 7667674)
Thank god for that. Thank you!

when documents status change, it means you have a CO... if requirements are complete, and all docs are met.. it mean you dont need a CO, just visa grant!!!!! goodluck...

Mukesam Jun 16th 2009 1:05 am

Originally Posted by korn_bo2 (Post 7668135)
when documents status change, it means you have a CO... if requirements are complete, and all docs are met.. it mean you dont need a CO, just visa grant!!!!! goodluck...

Got curious to read your ans.......... Here is my case:

DIAC told me in email that I have a CO. That email from DIAC dated last week of last month. After couple of days, all my docs (including medicals) changed to 'MET', after couple of days online char assessment form popped up on my online status page; I submitted it and it vanished understandably. My question is:

Do I need to be on my toes for job verifications? I am from HR country.

By the way, I provided exp letter, salary slips from HR, bank statements, my outlook profile with designation details on my company's letter pad signed by HR, Tax return documents, 2 Employee of month certificates etc but again just curios if there will be a job verification at all or I just need to wait for July visa quota to get open up again.

I was thinking of opening a thread but don't want to make moderators furious as its my perception that moderators are a bit disappointed these days by users of this fourm. This forum is so good to many of us that I don't want to make it a crap.

Regards,

water man Jun 16th 2009 2:35 am

Hello..

Ahmad

Denmark Greencard seems to be the Fastest..as of now since they started immigration this year...

reddragon81 Jun 16th 2009 2:36 am

Re: HOw much notice will Immi give when changing?

Originally Posted by water man (Post 7665779)
send me that newsletter link...so that i can also get subscribed in it

sure!

you can read the latest newsletter by following this link

www.iscah.com/Iscahnewsletterlatest.pdf

:thumbup:

sandy81 Jun 16th 2009 2:41 am

Today morning, I got a reply of the PLE, which I lodged to notify CO that my long awaited medicals were finalized !! I am surprised to see the timeframe given by DIAC ... This is quite unusual .. Don't you think so ?

Thank you for your e-mail in relation to your visa application under
Australia s General Skilled Migration program.

I note from the file that no more documents are required for this
application at this time.

The case officer will be able to move to finalisation of the application
once all outstanding checks on the application are complete.

The anticipated time frame on this is by the end of August this year, we
also advise that the DIAC web site is monitored by you for any changes
that may be made to application processing over the next months.

water man Jun 16th 2009 5:39 am

Hello..

Ahmad

what kind of checks u assume to be conducted on ur file?

romeosd Jun 16th 2009 6:55 am

Hello..

Ahmad

Dear Ahmad,

As an advice don't try to ask such questions, because you will have a continuous fire and attack on you, I believe...

The common answer here is "It is your country's problem". There was an old thread here for an Indian person who was really smart and his question was very straight forward

He was challenging others "If PCC check takes long time in HR countries, so why it is taking very long time for the CO to be assigned", because this was the situation with most cases before the new changes in the processing.

The answer was: because your country's systems are slow :), as if he said nothing, ALLOCATING CASE OFFICER.

For your Information, I know a person like your situation or may be it is more difficult with same nationality and document of identification and he got it in 8 months while he is applying for 175.

So I believe the most fair answer, other than repeating what is on DIAC'S website, better to say "We don't know".

Yes, Some of the informaiton on DIAC's website contradicting, for instance it is stated in their website everywhere "Don't apply for medical and PCC until your CO requiested you to do so, while I got surprised when I saw the confirmation message of the submission of my online application saying that I must do the PCC and medical before 28 days counting from the date of lodgement, and when I sent a PLE, I got no reply.

So from my little experience, DIAC's people are dedicated and professional, sure there are reasons for delay which are not stated on their website and we don't know about it, couple of days ago we have someone from France Low Risk Country, who got his visa after 2 years.

Wait Ahmad and as long as you are eligible with true documents, you will get it for sure.

Thanks
Romeo

cookiestar Jun 16th 2009 7:21 am

Originally Posted by korn_bo2 (Post 7668135)

This isn't strictly true. All my documents are met and have been for several weeks, but my application is still with a CO, and I don't have a visa as yet.

helloshivahere Jun 16th 2009 7:23 am

Very sadly its true lets assume if Australian High commission made an enqury on particular PCC to an MOE - India. MOE india will f/wd to RPO. Local Police station.

If they made an enquiry about your degree to Ministry of HRD. how long does it take?????

Think how much time will consume because we are paper based country not online.

water man Jun 16th 2009 8:17 am

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7668829)
Very sadly its true lets assume if Australian High commission made an enqury on particular PCC to an MOE - India. MOE india will f/wd to RPO. Local Police station.

If they made an enquiry about your degree to Ministry of HRD. how long does it take?????

Think how much time will consume because we are paper based country not online.

Ahmed is having his own serious problems ...as am having...? those who are urgency give priority to them!!

Axe Jun 16th 2009 8:45 am

Originally Posted by water man (Post 7668940)
Those who are urgency give priority to them!!

You are right, good idea, and since all of us are desperate for our visa, our applications are therefore urgent, they MUST process all of our applications immediately... every single one of us, THIS MONTH. There must be no outstanding applications by July. And I am more urgent than you, so they must process mine first! <sarcasm end>

Gtrotter Jun 16th 2009 8:52 am

@ romeosd

I've seen that posted a couple of times and it does not quite make sense. Quite a few HR countries would probably not even give Australia the time of day.