British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/thread-timeline-processing-how-long-piece-string-questions-614865/)

arif868 Jun 11th 2009 8:47 am

Re: If I send filled form 80,need I fill up complete charecter assessment?????

Originally Posted by Safaet (Post 7654717)
No one can confirm this except for your CO. DIAC is sometimes asking for complete charecter assessment requests even after providing form 80. Let's wait and hope for the best...

Dear Safaet,

In that case will it be wise to submit both form 80 and complete charecter assessment??

abmzr Jun 11th 2009 10:49 am

Hi, I'm in the same boat as Arif. I do not know what to do. My agent says he has not received any requests from the CO for filling up the form.
I'M CONFUSED AND IN NEED OF MORE INFO.
BTW, Arif, r u from Bangladesh?

Safaet Jun 11th 2009 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by arif868 (Post 7654792)
Dear Safaet,

In that case will it be wise to submit both form 80 and complete charecter assessment??

I think that would be ok. Personally, I did not provided the form 80.

Safaet Jun 11th 2009 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by abmzr (Post 7655144)
Hi, I'm in the same boat as Arif. I do not know what to do. My agent says he has not received any requests from the CO for filling up the form.

Please upload them and be in safe side!

Mukesam Jun 11th 2009 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by abmzr (Post 7655144)

Here is my experience:

I filled and uploaded form 80 upfront. My CO was assigned, did not request anything but noticed that "Online Character Assessment form" link popped up in my online status page. I filled online form and understandably Link disappeared from my page. So, I provided both form 80 and online char assessment form.

Regards,

abmzr Jun 14th 2009 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Mukesam (Post 7655535)
Here is my experience:

I filled and uploaded form 80 upfront. My CO was assigned, did not request anything but noticed that "Online Character Assessment form" link popped up in my online status page. I filled online form and understandably Link disappeared from my page. So, I provided both form 80 and online char assessment form.

Regards,

Thanks Mukesam, I did the same today & like in your case, the link vanished.
Hope both of us get visas soon.

reddragon81 Jun 15th 2009 1:32 am

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Hello I have a quick question.
Immigration is probably going to change points for cook and hairdresser very soon. The question is: Can they do it from a day to another? I mean on the 1st of July can they say : "From tomorrow cook and hairdresser will be worth 40 points" ? Or do they need to let people know in advance (e.g. 30 days???)
How did they usually do in the past, when they changed point on the list? With or without notice? Many thanks, your help is so valuable.

moneypenny20 Jun 15th 2009 2:05 am

Re: HOw much notice will Immi give when changing?

Originally Posted by reddragon81 (Post 7665015)
Immigration is probably going to change points for cook and hairdresser very soon. The question is: Can they do it from a day to another? I mean on the 1st of July can they say : "From tomorrow cook and hairdresser will be worth 40 points" ? Or do they need to let people know in advance (e.g. 30 days???)
How did they usually do in the past, when they changed point on the list? With or without notice? Many thanks, your help is so valuable.

Without notice. They are under no obligation, and so don't, give notice of changes.

water man Jun 15th 2009 7:35 am

where is that link u got this information?

moneypenny20 Jun 15th 2009 7:41 am

Originally Posted by water man (Post 7665662)

It hardly matters where it was found. It's irrelevant as it's not fact. If it appears on the DIAC site it's fact, anywhere else it's not and so not worth worrying about.

It would be beneficial to everyone if we could stick to the facts as and when they are released by DIAC.

reddragon81 Jun 15th 2009 8:42 am

Originally Posted by water man (Post 7665662)

from a migrantion agent's newsletter i subscribed to.

it says
A senior DIAC official in Brisbane last week made some pertinent comments about the direction of the skilled migration program. In particular he identified that students completing courses in cooking, hairdressing, accounting and welfare did not necessarily have the desired affect of alleviating skills shortages in Australia, and that the skilled program would try and address this by making sure to have a quality rather than a quantitative outcome. Expect possible legislative changes soon in this regards.

p.s. as the moderator said, nobody should pay too much attention to these "rumours".
Mine was just an example because I wanted to understande how DIAC behaved in the past in this regard, if giving notice (like they did with the CSL, that was announced in December and implemented in March) or not.

water man Jun 15th 2009 8:45 am

Originally Posted by reddragon81 (Post 7665775)
from a migrantion agent's newsletter i subscribed to.

it says
A senior DIAC official in Brisbane last week made some pertinent comments about the direction of the skilled migration program. In particular he identified that students completing courses in cooking, hairdressing, accounting and welfare did not necessarily have the desired affect of alleviating skills shortages in Australia, and that the skilled program would try and address this by making sure to have a quality rather than a quantitative outcome. Expect possible legislative changes soon in this regards.
p.s. as the moderator said, don't pay too much attention to these things.
Mine was just an example because I wanted to know how they behaved in the past in this regard, if giving notice (like they did with the CSL, that was announced in December and implemented in March) or not.
Cheers

send me that newsletter link...so that i can also get subscribed in it

Dorothy Jun 15th 2009 10:23 am

The lists can and do change without notice regularly.

Pollyana Jun 15th 2009 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 7665992)
The lists can and do change without notice regularly.

And if you track down the threads from the day the CSL was announced you will see proof that NO-ONE knows what DIAC will do next.

australia_im Jun 15th 2009 3:34 pm

you will get a notice of 37 minutes!!

What question is this!. DIAC is not your landlord to give you a notice period.

Moneypenny, please close thread as it is again asking for opinion about matters of conjecture.