Thinking of moving to oz

Old Jan 6th 2014, 11:55 am
Just Joined

fordhjn is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of moving to oz

Hi after a long time debating wether to move or not the time has come to just get on with it
I'm after any help anyone can offer with regards to the construction industry
I am employed as the southern area site manager for a curtain wall and window and external cladding company
I have started at the bottom 25 years ago and worked my way up but do not have a degree this seems to be my sticking point as every where I look qualifications are wanted
Are there any ways to be assest or other visa types that may help also is there much work out there in my field
I have seen a lot of roofing which I also have qualifications in but do not wish to return to the tools
Any help would be helpfull thanks for your time Steve
Old Jan 6th 2014, 12:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to oz

Originally Posted by fordhjn
Hi after a long time debating wether to move or not the time has come to just get on with it
I am employed as the southern area site manager for a curtain wall and window and external cladding company
I have started at the bottom 25 years ago and worked my way up but do not have a degree this seems to be my sticking point as every where I look qualifications are wanted
Are there any ways to be assest or other visa types that may help also is there much work out there in my field
I have seen a lot of roofing which I also have qualifications in but do not wish to return to the tools
Start at www.immi.gov.au and do the visa wizard. If there's something there that looks like you might be eligible for a visa then come back with questions and someone will be only too happy to help.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fordhjn
It is simply not true that a degree is required for skilled migration, the requirements vary by occupation and many do not require it. I am not able to tell from your post what your occupation is, so cannot comment on your case.

I would suggest you go to the website that Dorothy has referred you to and first of all identify an occupation on the SOL or CSOL. Also take a points test and then come back and let us know how you got on.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

hello Steve,
Ive been in construction all my life and worked here in oz for 8 years.as the girls have said you don't need a degree to get here maybe your trade qualification can get you a skilled independent visa that will be indefinite like mine. just because you've applied as a chippie doesn't mean you have to be a chippie .if you have construction management experience that's what you should do once your in.the boom cities for the curtain wall , cladding ect id say Perth and Darwin. all the lads i talk to in the mines i work on live in these places and are in to two minds whether to go back to town and work as the moneys pretty good they use the ronda system here for steel stud and lots of homes have it because of termite damage.there are supervisory qualies here but its more important that you can do the job on time on budget to schedule ...... lol ring any bells...
If you do supervise here the only heads up i would give you is the better part of your job is keeping the workforce happy. its mob rule here you wouldn't be the first supervisor sacked because the men wont work for you because you rule with an iron fist. on big jobs unionism is rife .most supervisors find a good crew and take them with them on the next job.... saves the personality clashes and politics.get on the government web site for visas,seek .com. for job vacancies and check out the cities there in ect.don't be afraid of e mailing aussie companies for advise either , you never know you may even get a sponsor .... but that's another avenue.
good luck son.

Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

billybophead is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am going to go through the visa application soon just got to doi am a english test first to give me a few extra points. I am a bricklayer of 15 years experience on the sites. But the last few years been working as a refractory bricklayer. Is there many companies out there doing that sort of work . Its the steelworks I am looking for thanks.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

hey bud i used to work for( A dart and co). they do refractory plus construction and are busy@ bp oil refinery pinkenba Brisbane. Google them up mate and ask for Joshua white.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

billybophead is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much mate could get a sponsor out off it .