Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Wikiposts

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Originally Posted by bev1
I just want to know if our app has been received, My worst fear is that i'm sitting patiently for 3 months waiting for ack, then when i chase, they dont even have my application, Applied on 136 , lodged by agent on 01.08.07
hello bev1
searching all august threads trying to get an idea of timescales and noticed your dates of 136 application. I sent mine same date.i feel the same with the sitting and waiting patiently. have you done your medicals yet.
kath x
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:20 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

i kath how are you??? looks like we may be sharing a container after all lol. Sent my pccs lasr week but agent told us not to have medicals as yet due to the delay. I see your old houe is up for rent too!!

Wherein bury you renting, do u like?? We ave given up looking as house sale is taking forever but we will have to find somewhere short notice. x clare
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
i kath how are you??? looks like we may be sharing a container after all lol. Sent my pccs lasr week but agent told us not to have medicals as yet due to the delay. I see your old houe is up for rent too!!

Wherein bury you renting, do u like?? We ave given up looking as house sale is taking forever but we will have to find somewhere short notice. x clare
hello stranger
i am getting a bit addicted to checking my credit card to see if i am poorer.... never wished it so much to be poor lol
Yes the EA have used our pics too to get it rented cheeky buggers haha. we are renting in elton at the min so nice, and near the kids school and no 9mile round tripswhere do you think you be renting?could see if the company we rent off have any other lettings if you want?
finally getting used to the house.it was a new build about 18 months ago one of those 3 floor effots so absolutly no storage like our old house. tiny square of garden but enough for the guineapigs so all is good.the shoddy workmanship though has put me off buying a new build here though...they better be better in oz WHEN they say ''heres the visa''(positive thinking)
the not knowing if all okay with the application is so frustrating.cant do much more reasearch as until we arrive in sunny oz to look around you never know what we will like/actually afford and near a salon that gives me a decent enough wage too.
have you been given an estimated completion date?? it took the micky with us so we finally were ringing every other day if nothing else but to vent out our frustartions haha. seemed to eventually work!
have you started packing up anything yet?
when do you expect to be booking your medicals for and where do you think you will be getting them done? does manchester do the online medicals that i have read about?

speak to you soon
my fingers are crossed for your house sale going through sooner rather than l8r.
kath x
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:38 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Hi kath we are leaving the medicals until we get a fil ref no which is what our agent advised but have sent poloice checks off as they take 40 working days!! Not sure if manchester use the online system. Have pm'd you xxx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Claire, Did Alan tell you to hold off on meds?, We have just applied for our PCC's like you, Hoping to get meds done in week 3 of November, and hoping for a file number by then!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Claire, Did Alan tell you to hold off on meds?, We have just applied for our PCC's like you, Hoping to get meds done in week 3 of November, and hoping for a file number by then!
Sorry to jump in and reply, we have just sent off for our PCC's but were told to wait until end of November to book our meds. Think file numbers are taking about 12 weeks so that works in about right!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TMRE
Sorry to jump in and reply, we have just sent off for our PCC's but were told to wait until end of November to book our meds. Think file numbers are taking about 12 weeks so that works in about right!

Thats quite allright !!, Were looking at the 12th for the two of us, and then the kids a week later so our blood pressure isnt off the scale when they start sprinting up and down the hospital corridors, and playing with the fire extinquishers