Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:30 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Hi as we will be one of the last people to apply for a 136 MODL(visa went in end Aug) just wondered if they are clearing all paper based applications before processing the new online ones??

I guess no-one can give me time scales but getting slightly concerned that peole who have submitted after us with have visa grant before. Surely it would make more sense to clear the que first?? Am i being too optimistic hoping to be out there in may next year??
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

hi ozzie clare 2b
Im thinking exactly the same as you! we too applied in August so are one of the last applications on a 136, watching posts we can see that the online applications appear to be getting priority over us paper ones but i suppose there is nothing we can do although it does seem unfair, might be too early to see whether immigration are trying to clear the backlog of us lot first, will get a better idea in next few weeks, so will keep your post updated on how it looks to be going, chin up clare we will get there!!
Debbie x
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:19 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Something thats been worrying me a bit aswell I'm with you guys applied mid august. You'd think they'd clear all the 136's before starting on the 175's (and hopefully they'll speed things up to get rid of the old paper apps (wishful thinking I know))
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Us too!! Applied end of August 139 MODL, fingers crossed. Maybe they'll employ tonnes of extra staff to get rid of the backlog extra quick!! lol
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Us too!

I agree with paul30 it would make much more sense to clear the old 136 applications so they can move on anew? - now all we need to do is tell them that!!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

I asked this on another forum. The reply from an agent who posts on here said they have trained case officers for the new visa and as they have no backlog to deal with they will go faster Does seem unfair though, think they should have had a big push for clearing as many of the old ones as possible, before the new system came in. Thinking about our situation I am actually glad we have some time to wait. I think if we applied and got it through in a couple of months it would be too quick for us! Though if we are still waiting in 9 months time I maybe a tad miffed
Good luck to everyone waiting . I'm going back to refresh my credit card statement every 5 seconds just in case they have taken the money
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:54 am
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TMRE
I asked this on another forum. The reply from an agent who posts on here said they have trained case officers for the new visa and as they have no backlog to deal with they will go faster Does seem unfair though, think they should have had a big push for clearing as many of the old ones as possible, before the new system came in. Thinking about our situation I am actually glad we have some time to wait. I think if we applied and got it through in a couple of months it would be too quick for us! Though if we are still waiting in 9 months time I maybe a tad miffed
Good luck to everyone waiting . I'm going back to refresh my credit card statement every 5 seconds just in case they have taken the money
been checking my credit card almost constantly aswell don't think I'll ever be as glad to see so much money leave in 1 go as I will when this is taken.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paul30
been checking my credit card almost constantly aswell don't think I'll ever be as glad to see so much money leave in 1 go as I will when this is taken.
Shouldnt be long before money starts to go should it? looking at the timelines it is about a month after applications?!?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:08 am
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Shouldnt be long before money starts to go should it? looking at the timelines it is about a month after applications?!?
Thats what I figured aswell so hopefully another week or so and it will be gone. Gee were an impatient bunch aint we
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gonnago

We submitted on the 16th so hoping for either end of this week or early next. Got a new credit card that will give us cashback on the transaction as well!!!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

lcys2460 will become famous soon enoughlcys2460 will become famous soon enough

Think July apps are still waiting for payment to be taken so you may need to wait a few more weeks yet?! I too am a little anxious that the new online applications will be processed quicker. I just want to go..........
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paul30
Thats what I figured aswell so hopefully another week or so and it will be gone. Gee were an impatient bunch aint we
its torture - i have decided I am going to demand my husband book our medicals, looking at that timeline it is painful - think going to get a headstart!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent a bankers draft in Aussie Dollars so we have no way of checking if its been taken, will rely on you guys for updates!

This Sunday, ASPC have had our application for a whole month, seems like five - Going to apply for our police checks on Saturday, forms all filled in ready!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:46 am
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
We sent a bankers draft in Aussie Dollars so we have no way of checking if its been taken, will rely on you guys for updates!

This Sunday, ASPC have had our application for a whole month, seems like five - Going to apply for our police checks on Saturday, forms all filled in ready!
I'm 4 days behind you but once pymt has been taken i'll post it on here or the timeline
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

As a guide, I have received file references today for skilled visa applications that were received in Adelaide on the 15th of June 2007.

On the question of the fairness in processing applications under the new skilled visa categories before the old ones, you can be assured that representations are being made ... whether they will have any effect is another matter of course.

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.