Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Wikiposts

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

read in another thread - that since last week they have receipted or aknowledged (cant remember which - well both really!) '0' applications and only allocated '2' case officers?
i think they do need more staff - what have they got 1 part-timer working half a day a week?

lisa
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:46 am
Just Joined

rescueranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

is that online applications??? - I'm still a bit confused about all this, it seems that the people on here who submitted online dont really know if it will be quicker or not - is that right. I have spoken to the agents I plan to use and they say they are happy to do my application online, but it seems like no-one really knows if it makes any difference at all.

praps I shouldnt worry about it and take the attitude Ill go when I go
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:48 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rescueranger
is that online applications??? - I'm still a bit confused about all this, it seems that the people on here who submitted online dont really know if it will be quicker or not - is that right. I have spoken to the agents I plan to use and they say they are happy to do my application online, but it seems like no-one really knows if it makes any difference at all.

No we're paper applicants on the old 136 submitted before the 1st sept change and we're hoping DIMA will clear our apps before starting on the new 175's
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:27 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rescueranger

As of the 1st September it is the preference of DIAC that all Skilled independent application be done online. Attaching documents is speedy and easier to manage that cumbersome paper applications, where there is always a chance that a vital piece of paper will be lost.

ONLINE is definitely the way to go.... As for timelines of the newer applications... nobody will be able to say for sure until the first 175 is awarded!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by alipally
As of the 1st September it is the preference of DIAC that all Skilled independent application be done online. Attaching documents is speedy and easier to manage that cumbersome paper applications, where there is always a chance that a vital piece of paper will be lost.

ONLINE is definitely the way to go.... As for timelines of the newer applications... nobody will be able to say for sure until the first 175 is awarded!
I just want to know if our app has been received, My worst fear is that i'm sitting patiently for 3 months waiting for ack, then when i chase, they dont even have my application, Applied on 136 , lodged by agent on 01.08.07
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:51 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

If you look at some of George or Alan's posts you will find that they're receipting, applications made some time in July at the moment. I think that's right but I can't swear!

I'm guessing that you sent it via courier and that it was signed for... so really you know that it's there!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:12 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Ok....had my meds done......they don't worry about your weight/height ratio!!!! YAY!!!! Only if you're going to New Zealand, then it's extra blood tests and they check your BMI.
Unfortunately for me......a bloody huge moth decided to crawl out of my sun visor in the car on the motorway......I was hysterical, and my hubby couldn't help me as he was driving at 70mph!!!!!
Was all flustered when I finally got to med centre....LOL
Blood pressure was 140/86.......so they tried again, and again and again..........actually they tried a total of 18 times......and it was 151/107 in the end!!!!!!
So I now have to go to my GP on 3 separate occasions before next Wednesday to get 3 BP readings, and pass each one with under 140/90......LOL
Kind of funny......not what I needed though. Hoping a stiff glass of sherry before each visit will relax me now....hee hee,
Oh well......at least my hubby passed!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Ok....had my meds done......they don't worry about your weight/height ratio!!!! YAY!!!! Only if you're going to New Zealand, then it's extra blood tests and they check your BMI.
Unfortunately for me......a bloody huge moth decided to crawl out of my sun visor in the car on the motorway......I was hysterical, and my hubby couldn't help me as he was driving at 70mph!!!!!
Was all flustered when I finally got to med centre....LOL
Blood pressure was 140/86.......so they tried again, and again and again..........actually they tried a total of 18 times......and it was 151/107 in the end!!!!!!
So I now have to go to my GP on 3 separate occasions before next Wednesday to get 3 BP readings, and pass each one with under 140/90......LOL
Kind of funny......not what I needed though. Hoping a stiff glass of sherry before each visit will relax me now....hee hee,
Oh well......at least my hubby passed!!!!!
Beth x x

Beth, sorry to hear about your BP problem, just make sure your car is free of bugs next time!
If you are going to your own GP, perhaps you'll be more relaxed and your readings will be fine.
Good luck!
Sammy
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:59 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sammy,
It was funny looking back.......hoping the next 3 readings will be ok...LOL
Beth x
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Beth,

Glad you can laugh, I'm not sure I would have found it so funny having my BP done 18 times
What upper and lower limits do they have for the BP recordings?

Sammy
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:14 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Normal readings are 120/80........but as people are slighty anxious on their meds they have a limit of 140/90.
I was 140/86 first time........then I started to panic about failing my meds as well as the moth incident from the car......my 18th reading was 151/107!!!!!!! LOL
Boarderline cardiac arrest coming up...hee hee
It was funny.......could only happen to me!!!!!
Doctor was only supposed to do it 3 times too.......but the nurse kept on doing it as she said I should be ok next time, and the next time etc......LOL
Have a BP reading with my GP tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday now....so wish me luck!!!
Beth x
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

It is normally only advisable to repeat a BP measurement 2 or 3 times at the most as there is nothing to be gained by constantly repeating it. For the average person a BP of over 140/90 is considered to need monitoring and treatment in some circumstances, I didn't know what sort of cut off point the panel doctors had.
Your arm must have been rather sore!
Make sure you are relaxed for your next check (ie not rushing around, not late for appointment and definitely not accosted by large insects in the car) and try not to think about it too much, easy to say I know.
I'm trying to get a mole sorted out before we have meds, I reported it to GP over a month ago and she agreed it needed looking at but there is a 3 month waiting list for the clinic. Would have liked to have sorted by time of meds, which if all goes well, will be in mid - end October. Apparently according to GP surgery today, they have tried to get hold of me all week, as a cancellation has come up, but I have not had any messages and will not have to wait longer. Grrrrr, now that probably put up my BP.
Sammy
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:54 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Well if it's any help, I have moles, and they didn't want to look at them!!!! Not bothered with things like that My eczema was quite bad too yesterday, and I thought the doc may want to refer me....but he said it's not a problem!!!
My arm was sore, so they were changing arms every few goes....LOL
I did have a headache when I got home though!!!
Ok today.......trying not to think about my BP being taken tomorrow....
Beth x
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, I'm really moley, lots of the horrid things but I've got one that has grown over the summer and looks a little odd, as well as being really itchy which was why GP wants to get it looked at. I also had to fill in a mole chart, took hours as I've lots of them, yuk.
Good luck, let us know how you got on.
By the way, are your meds going to be sent to LCU by courier/mail or can they be emailed through as part of online system?
Sammy
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:18 pm
Make it happen!!!!

They will be couriered to LCU....as the online system isn't being used by my panel doctor as yet.
Beth x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.