Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Wikiposts

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:44 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
So if we applied using a credit card to pay could we in effect cancel our application and ask agent to apply again under the new online sytem?? Think this is one for u Alan seeing as though you are our agent lol x clare
In short, I'd not recommend it, not least as we'd then have to ask you for some more money ...

More seriously, it remains to be seen whether the ASPC will have regard to some of the representations I know are being made to direct DIAC resources to the pre-01/09/2007 applications rather than to applications under the new visa categories.

And of course your papers (skills assessment classification letter, birth certificates, employment references, etc) are now in Adelaide.

Best regards.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Originally Posted by angie n chris
We are in exactly the same position as u

136 modl visa app arrived same day and we sent a bankers draft

will be watching anxiously at your progress
Ditto, Good luck to you both
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:03 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
In short, I'd not recommend it, not least as we'd then have to ask you for some more money ...

More seriously, it remains to be seen whether the ASPC will have regard to some of the representations I know are being made to direct DIAC resources to the pre-01/09/2007 applications rather than to applications under the new visa categories.

And of course your papers (skills assessment classification letter, birth certificates, employment references, etc) are now in Adelaide.

Best regards.
oh well it was a nice try wasnt it guess i will have to be patient trying to think positive and believe we will have visa by March next year anyway so anything earlier will be a bonus
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

demonwebb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the murrays
There definitely seems to be a delay on case officers been assigned, I received full ack in july and still have not received case officer, may applicants seem to be processed faster, april applicants werent doing to bad, but then, there seems to be a big pause on recieving case officers, dont think anymore april applicants have received co in the last 2 weeks.

totally pissed off, they are not being fair:curse::curse::curse::curse:

Moan over, does any one know who I contact about the progress of my application.
Having a case officer doesn't mean the case officer has your app on top of the pile. They might have a pile 6 months deep.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by demonwebb
Having a case officer doesn't mean the case officer has your app on top of the pile. They might have a pile 6 months deep.
Nothing like waking up to a post by The Grim Reaper!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

i'm a 138 applicant from malta (low-risk). submitted april 30, acknowledged (plus file ref number) on july 23.

haven't heard from them since.

wondering if anyone can give a guideline when to expect CO. i'm thinking perhaps 138s won't be dealt with for the time being since as from Jan 1, AOS will not be required for those who lodged before sept 1... perhaps, perhaps, COs are witholding 138 applications in order to have less to process?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Nothing like waking up to a post by The Grim Reaper!
Muhahahaa!

Well the paper based people are probably not too happy about the online apps "appearing" to proceed faster. I'm just saying this isn't necessarily the case. Maybe the computer automatically allocates people to COs. We are all speculating a bit here. It will be interesting to see if visas are actually granted sooner online.

Last edited by demonwebb; Sep 12th 2007 at 10:22 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demonwebb
Muhahahaa!

Well the paper based people are probably not too happy about the online apps "appearing" to proceed faster. I'm just saying this isn't necessarily the case. Maybe the computer automatically allocates people to COs. We are all speculating a bit here. It will be interesting to see if visas are actually granted sooner online.
You seem quite knowledgeable!!, If you are a case officer in disguise and you get our envelope I take that back , I think you are a lovely person, and that 20 year stretch on my police check was only for apple scrumping from a local orchard despite what it says on there!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

rescueranger is an unknown quantity at this point

apple scrumping or car scrumping?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Whats car scrumping?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Whats car scrumping?
feigned ignorance gets you nowhere
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
As a guide, I have received file references today for skilled visa applications that were received in Adelaide on the 15th of June 2007.

On the question of the fairness in processing applications under the new skilled visa categories before the old ones, you can be assured that representations are being made ... whether they will have any effect is another matter of course.

Best regards.

A bit slow to respond but I too want to add my thanks. It always impresses me how much time and free advice the agents on BE give and I hope you all realise the support & reassurance it provides us aspiring expats.

Last edited by deano66; Sep 13th 2007 at 12:29 am.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deano66
A bit slow to respond but I too want to add my thanks. It always impresses me how much time and free advice the agents on BE give and I hope you all realise the support & reassurance it provides us aspiring expats.
Well said. The agents that post on BE are top guys, I cant thank them enough for the free advise & the re-assurance they give to us all.
Tim & The Girls (all 4 of them!!!!)
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:36 am
Just Joined

You seem quite knowledgeable!!, If you are a case officer in disguise and you get our envelope I take that back , I think you are a lovely person, and that 20 year stretch on my police check was only for apple scrumping from a local orchard despite what it says on there!
Sorry, the computer says no

(Little Britain fyi)

I used to love apple scrumping, although the maggots were a serious downside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.