Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Wikiposts

are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Thanks Alan, Its always nice to read your contributions and your advice is always spot on!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

No worries!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:05 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Yeah thanks Alan it's nice to know something is being done to try to get the old ones through before the new ones. Lets hope it's succesful
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:02 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Alan x
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:51 am
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to add my thanks Alan, Its nice to feel someone is trying something.

I've only just noticed this online vs paper things and I have to admit I'm a bit devastated.

<BIG WHINGEY MOAN ALERT>

I thought it was great getting my app in in August, after taking 6 months to pull it together, so relieved I'd beaten the rush, didn't know about the on-line stuff being faster, and now looks like I'm stuck here til this time next year at the rate things are going. Agent told me not to even bother applying for meds for 4 months yet.

I can't believe they have started processing the on-line apps before they cleared the old ones, surely its more difficult to manage running 2 sets of visa types through the system at the same time.
There'll probably be one little man in a cubby hole dealing with all the paper applications by himself, chewing the end of his pencil, and popping out every ten minutes to admire the lovely weather, while all the on-line ones fly past in mere moments.
I'm that p*ssed off, i dont know if I can even bear looking on here any more, its gonna kill me to see everyone who applies for the next year possibly getting there ahead of me.
It's one thing when you think its a level( well randomly bumpy at least ) playing field, it's another entirely to see a decision you thought was for the best made have this kind of negative impact on your life.

Anyway, now I'm going home for a good cry through a bottle of wine, and to beg the OH to forgive me for the latest in a long line of crap decisions I've made in the last 2 months.
Let's face it, with my track record at the moment, if I withdraw the visa now, and re-apply, its guaranteed they'll change it round the other way. (I dont think I can anyway, I paid with a bank draft)

<END BIG WHINGEY MOAN ALERT>
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:48 am
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

Ooops, sorry for that last post, I'd edit it out if I could.
I'm such a whinging git.
Good luck to all the post sept 1 applicants, and the rest of us: well, we'll get there when we get there.
Repeat 100 times: I must not be a whinging pom, I must not be a whinging pom....
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CynOpt
I'm such a whinging git.
Good luck to all the post sept 1 applicants, and the rest of us: well, we'll get there when we get there.
Repeat 100 times: I must not be a whinging pom, I must not be a whinging pom....
Your allowed to whine if you want - that's the whole point of these forums. LOL

In our defence though I will say there are only 4 of us that I know of on this site who have submitted online applications so I doubt we're having too much of a detrimental effect on everyone else.

I suppose it's just that because we're the first everyone is interested in what is happening with our apps etc.

It's your god given right to express yourself so you go right ahead and and whinge and I promise to ignore you. hee hee

Trish
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CynOpt
I'm such a whinging git.
As the author you can edit if you need to. If you look by the quote button there should be an edit one.

Not that the post is that bad
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

HI Cynopt

I am one of the online applicants and I have just read out your post to my wife. Can I just say we both understand how you must be feeling and sympathise fully with your situation. When the responsibility of making a decision that affects your family's future dream life falls on your shoulders it is difficult not to feel guilty when things don't quite go to plan.

Just as you made a decision to submit pre 1st September, we made a concious decision not to submit our visa app until after 1st September as we felt that the online applications would move more quickly and we had considered a number of factors before coming to that decision. We could have submitted a paper application in May / June had we wanted to.

Nobody knew for sure what would happen and had the hand of fate dictated that online applications didn't get dealt with straight away due to the fact that this team had no backlog we would have wasted 3 months and been further back in the queue than we could have been. The whole thing was a gamble that could have gone either way.

I am sure that your application will go through more quickly than we have seen recently because there are no new 136 applications being submitted to further add to that particular teams workload and with the election coming up they will be keen to reduce and clear the potentially embarrassing timescales and move onto the more streamlined system that the 1st September changes were designed to provide.

I wish you the best of luck with your application and hope that it is not too long before you start your new life in Aus.

Andy and Jillian
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:46 am
CynOpt

Thanks everyone, my OH has reassured me that he doesnt blame me, and that i did the best i could with the information I had to hand, so I feel a lot better now.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:07 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, there!
I just read you post (like Andy did to Jillian) to my OH, we feel for you. Sometimes it does just feel like life is dealing you the worst hand.

But I really do believe in Karma (and have given you some!) and I'm sure that your wish will come true!

Good luck! I'm sure that it'll come right!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:32 am
CynOpt

Thanks alipally, I could really do with some karma.

I had a sticker on the back of my car for the last 6 weeks, its from a band I adore, but its a bit "anti-karmic" shall we say, even tho I love the quote.

I came straight out of work today and scraped it off. I've been thinking about taking it off after a few other things that happened, cos I'm normally a very lucky person. Hoping the run of bad luck I've had for the last 6 weeks will stop now.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:39 am
Divbear

Divbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

Hi there, just been reading through about all the hassle with the visa applications and my husband and I submitted our applications in April 07. Our money was debited at the beginning of June.

Just had a letter today from our agent telling us that there is a backlog and not to even expect a casefile officer until another 5 months. We are absolutely p***ed off that we have just found out that the online visas are being processed quicker. I will be onto our agents tomorrow to kick up hell as they have not bothered to let us know about this. Just as well we can come on here and find out what is happening. Thanks to all of you.

Amanda and David
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Divbear
Hi there, just been reading through about all the hassle with the visa applications and my husband and I submitted our applications in April 07. Our money was debited at the beginning of June.

Just had a letter today from our agent telling us that there is a backlog and not to even expect a casefile officer until another 5 months. We are absolutely p***ed off that we have just found out that the online visas are being processed quicker. I will be onto our agents tomorrow to kick up hell as they have not bothered to let us know about this. Just as well we can come on here and find out what is happening. Thanks to all of you.

Amanda and David
What visa did you apply for?

T
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:46 am
Divbear

Divbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: are they clearing the backlog before dealing with online applicants??

We applied for the 136 Skilled Migration Visa. David passed the TRA in March and we submitted in April.

Amanda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.