Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is there less chance of getting a visa the later in the year that you apply?

Is there less chance of getting a visa the later in the year that you apply?

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice
Thumbs up Is there less chance of getting a visa the later in the year that you apply?

Is it true that the later in the year that you apply the less chance you will have of getting a visa?
the reason that i ask is that this TRA business is taking a lot longer than i ever thought and i was originally hoping to send it all off before xmas, now I think I will be pushing it to get it done by the end of jan. I told my missus that I want a secretary for xmas to help speed this up- I am a one finger typer. Could I send a video to the TRA telling them what I can do? I am waffling now, sorry
: cool:

smilies are cool
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there less chance of getting a visa the later in the year that you apply?

No, it's not true. Your application's outcome is based on whether or not you meet the criteria for a visa, not the time of year.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice
Default Re: Is there less chance of getting a visa the later in the year that you apply?

Thanks
Old Dec 24th 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
Is it true that the later in the year that you apply the less chance you will have of getting a visa?
the reason that i ask is that this TRA business is taking a lot longer than i ever thought and i was originally hoping to send it all off before xmas, now I think I will be pushing it to get it done by the end of jan. I told my missus that I want a secretary for xmas to help speed this up- I am a one finger typer. Could I send a video to the TRA telling them what I can do? I am waffling now, sorry
: cool:

smilies are cool
I would add, with the benfit of hindsight, that many people would have qualified for a visa if they had been in a position to lodge their visas prior to 01 September. reasons for this would be less points scored as no A$100K investment opportunity, english points reduced by 5 in many cases, not able to score 15 for MODL as they do not have recent MODL experience.

The best advice is, if you think you qualify today, get your application in sharpish to reduce the risk of any future changes adversely affecting you. I am not wishing to start any rumour but what if you only score 120 and the pass-mark gets increased to 125 on 01 March 2008, and you still haven't got your TRA sorted. Don't give shit a chance, I say.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896