temporary visa medicasl not valid for PR

Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

UKOZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default temporary visa medicasl not valid for PR

Had my medicals done in Feb 09 when i applied for my 457 visa.I was under the imppression that it is still valid now that i am applying for PR under ENS.My medicals will suppose to expire after 1 yr right?How coNfusing coz last fri i received an email from my CO requesting to undergo another medical Apparently,my previous one cannot be upgraded for PR.I am a Nurse so i have done full medical for my 457.Need to book an appointment tomorrow and i need to pay again.waaaahhhh.....
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: temporary visa medicasl not valid for PR

Originally Posted by UKOZ
Had my medicals done in Feb 09 when i applied for my 457 visa.I was under the imppression that it is still valid now that i am applying for PR under ENS.My medicals will suppose to expire after 1 yr right?How coNfusing coz last fri i received an email from my CO requesting to undergo another medical Apparently,my previous one cannot be upgraded for PR.I am a Nurse so i have done full medical for my 457.Need to book an appointment tomorrow and i need to pay again.waaaahhhh.....
Does your CO realise that you did a full medical before? Most 457 holders do not have to do a full medical, so its standard practice to ask for one for PR. Might be worth just asking the question.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 13th 2009 at 1:45 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi UKOZ,

found below on DIAC website:
Changes to Medical 'Re-Use' Policy to Prevent Processing Delays
The department has received a number of complaints from clients and agents regarding our current re-use arrangements for permanent visa applicants who seek to re-use previous health examination reports (such as Form 26 Medical examination for an Australian visa) obtained for a temporary visa application and 'upgrade' these for a permanent health clearance.

These arrangements were intended to reduce processing times, and save clients time and money. However, the practicalities of the 'upgrade process' mean that re-use for this particular group of clients currently does not achieve this aim. Where 'upgrades' have been requested, processing delays have resulted, and some clients have still been required to complete new medicals.

Consequently, on 9 November 2009, a suspension of re-use arrangements for this group of clients will be put in place to ensure that the processing of permanent visa applications are not delayed unnecessarily.

This means that 'upgrades' of health examination reports will no longer be allowed. For example, a client who completed a chest x-ray and a form 26 medical examination for their Student visa application will no longer be able to simply undertake a new HIV test and have their previous health examination reports 'upgraded' for the purposes of a new permanent visa application. In this situation, new medicals will be required for the client's permanent visa application.

These changes will be outlined in a revised version of the Health PAM which will be released on 9 November 2009. The PAM will also provide advice about the limited exceptions available.

It is anticipated that these arrangements will be reconsidered once the department has further developed its electronic storage facilities for medicals and can provide an efficient upgrade process for you and your clients.

Note: There are no changes to other re-use arrangements which are currently working well:

Temporary health examination reports which were locally cleared and remain valid can still be re-used for a further temporary visa application.
The rules surrounding re-use of health clearances also remain the same (for example, a 457 visa applicant who completed full permanent medicals 'upfront' and received a permanent health clearance can 're-use' this clearance for their permanent visa application if it is still valid).
unquote

This last paragraph does clearly state that if you completed permanent medicals upfront for your 457 and received permanent helath clearance then you can re-use for permanent application if still valid; however, I am no expert and if your CO is requesting you to do it, don't see you have much option unless you can query the CO further?

There is also a section in DIAC about re-use of medicals that you might like to go through

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/heal...e-medicals.pdf

regards

Rhubarb65
Old Dec 13th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your replies.I will send an email to my CO now..Hopefully i can get away with it.It's christmas soon and the spending is on the roof as well..
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

scotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant future

Thank you for your replies.I will send an email to my CO now..Hopefully i can get away with it.It's christmas soon and the spending is on the roof as well..
Hi. I was just wondering how you got on ith your situation? My situation is very similiar. Apparently I need to re-do medicals as well. I am also a nurse. I also did full medical previoulsy, less then 10 months ago.

Hope you are making progress.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

scotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Did you read the post from Rhubarb? It says you can't reuse medicals.
No, he said there were exceptions where u could. but thanks anyway. i was just wondering how this person's case went...
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotsnurse
No, he said there were exceptions where u could. but thanks anyway. i was just wondering how this person's case went...
My word you were quick because I deleted my post straight away, too early for me.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
My word you were quick because I deleted my post straight away, too early for me.
obsessive, insomniac...= on the ball, lol
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scotsnurse
Hi. I was just wondering how you got on ith your situation? My situation is very similiar. Apparently I need to re-do medicals as well. I am also a nurse. I also did full medical previoulsy, less then 10 months ago.

Hope you are making progress.
Im not that lucky as i have re-do the medicals.Now, im still waiting for that green light....
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Im not that lucky as i have re-do the medicals.Now, im still waiting for that green light....
Aw, that's awful. I suppose I should just go ahead and book mine as well. I thought if we had full medicals before, we would be ok. It's all money and time. Waiting is worse than anything.

Good luck to you.