Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Teenage daughter driving me mad!! What ar my options?

Teenage daughter driving me mad!! What ar my options?

Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Teenage daughter driving me mad!! What ar my options?

Originally Posted by debbie222
Hi all

My daughter who will be 16 in Aug is driving me mad.:curse: She said she will not go to the medical and she doesn't want to go to Oz. She will be 16 in Aug. I know she is way too young to stay behind (she could stay with her grandad or uncle).

(What are my options)
I am on a 475 temp state sponsorship visa - how simple is it to remove her from the application at this stage?

Do I have to prove that someone will have parental responsibility for her even though she will be 16 in Aug 08?

It hard being a mum! (heres hoping that she will change her mind - but she thinks I am ruining her life)
She's still a child mixed with a bundle of hormones and you are responsible for her. She has no choice but to listen to you and you have to keep strong!

Good luck!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Hi all

Glad in one respect that it is not only us having this problem. We have a 13, 11, 6 and very nearly 4 year old. The only one here who doesn't want to go is the 11 yr old. People told me boys were easier, I beg to differ lolol. Good luck to all and lets hope she changes her mind.

All the best of luck to everyone.

Lou xx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:39 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbie222
LOL...I approached the subject again last night as our meds are tomorrow. Basically, I promised to take her shopping after our appointment and it seems to have worked as she has agreed to go! After a brief chat, she said that she was worried about the move as going for medicals mans that it real and I felt really sory for her as she looked a little scared (or I am being taken for a fool )

GILRLS!!!!:curse:
Mine are a bit younger than yours - 11 & 12 - but just as determined they're not going. It doesn't help that their dad (my ex) tells them he will arrange for them to go back to their old school in Devon, if we go ahead with the application. Really helpful.

We told them just after Christmas & we've had a month of tantrums & sulks, three weeks of silence & refusing to even discuss it & finally, finally, eldest yesterday came home from school to say she'd arranged for me to see the careers advisor abour picking subjects she could carry on with in Oz

I think you just have to stay as calm as possible, carry on with your plans telling them every step of the way what is happening, even if she doesn't want to hear it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that she will see sense - it sounds like she is starting to think about it
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough

show her pictures of Craig Mcloughlin! she'll be packing within the hour.

ooooooo mona.... oooooo mona

superb.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:52 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Richard007
show her pictures of Craig Mcloughlin! she'll be packing within the hour.

ooooooo mona.... oooooo mona

superb.
Never mind her....I'm packed and ready to go!!