Wikiposts

Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all
Default Re: Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Originally Posted by Paddy_M
I was originally asked to apply for a standard teaching post prior to my visit. After my visit and discussions with the headteacher it was decided that a different post would suit my skills.

I am now registered with Queensland. Only took them 1 week as I said I was in a rush.
Paddy - hope you dont mind me asking lots of things but how was you asked to apply for the post, did they allow this because they knew you were going to visit - would they have done say the same if you werent going to visit. Ohh you gonna have to go slow with me here Paddy. So me being a nosey s*d and I hope you dont mind - when you went for the post they must have thought that you had far better skills within another area. If I was trying to go down this route - what would I need to do Paddy???!! Wow a week to get your teacher registration - when you read their bumph it says that it might take several months for us overseas candidates!! Here, I teach A level IT - pass on my details - hahaha!! Can you teach any of the Adobe suite Paddy - would they be looking for all that - god I need to get to grips with Dreamweaver and Photoshop!!!! PM me if you like - Emma Also feeling VERY bloated just been to a very nice restaurant and had swordfish - yum yum!!!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

crouts81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent off my Teacher Assessment application last Monday. Have not had an email to say they have received it yet. How long should that take? I have my IELTS test booked for 21st Feb in Southampton.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crouts81
I sent off my Teacher Assessment application last Monday. Have not had an email to say they have received it yet. How long should that take? I have my IELTS test booked for 21st Feb in Southampton.
I sent mine off 30.01.09 and I have not received an email yet although I believe it could take upto 2 weeks.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:05 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I sent mine off mid dec, got email 5th jan to say they'd received it, heard nothing since so...
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:05 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Are you primary or secondary?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT RECEIVED FROM TEACHING AUSTRALIA TODAY, WOO HOO!!!!!!

Let the games begin, IELTS next month, then visa app sent off end of next month/start of april!!!! WOO HOO AGAIN!!!! LOL
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT RECEIVED FROM TEACHING AUSTRALIA TODAY, WOO HOO!!!!!!

Let the games begin, IELTS next month, then visa app sent off end of next month/start of april!!!! WOO HOO AGAIN!!!! LOL
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:09 am
Just Joined

PlymouthL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - this is my first posting on here after I finally made a decision this morning to start the process of moving to Oz - so firstly hi!

Secondly I am bit worried now - I am a teacher and thought I had 120 points and didn't need to do Language test - can I just check you do get 10 points for certain amount of recent work experience in your job? I have been teaching for 7 years and think that covers the extra 10 points? I am also 31 so age thing goes down.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere! Am so excited to have made a decision!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by PlymouthL
Hi - this is my first posting on here after I finally made a decision this morning to start the process of moving to Oz - so firstly hi!

Secondly I am bit worried now - I am a teacher and thought I had 120 points and didn't need to do Language test - can I just check you do get 10 points for certain amount of recent work experience in your job? I have been teaching for 7 years and think that covers the extra 10 points? I am also 31 so age thing goes down.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere! Am so excited to have made a decision!!
You only get 15 points for English being your first language, but if you do the IELTS you get 25...I too am 31 and here's my breakdown...

Skills - 60
Age - 25 (boo hoo)
UK passport holder - 15
Work Exp. - 10
-----------------
total: 110

but 120 with the IELTS exam....
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:48 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Definitely a mistake!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Definitely a mistake!!
SHUT IT NICK NACK PADDY WACK GIVE THE DOG A .....PHONE LOL
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:11 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic, one part over

Good luck with the IELTS.

Cooler
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Fantastic, one part over

Good luck with the IELTS.

Cooler
One part down, so many more to go! lol Ta cooler xo
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Definitely a mistake!!
Jen can teach as well as iron now you know!!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

crouts81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you primary or secondary?
I am Primary, actually did my training in Queensland but have been teaching in England for nearly 3 years now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.