Wikiposts

Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

sjleroux is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Jen,

you've mentioned somewhere that you've bought a book from amazon for the IELTS test, which one did you buy?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SJ

There are different reasons why you must do the IELTS sometimes. Jenny does not need to do it for TA as she holds a UK and/or Irish passport. She does need to do it to get an extra 10 points for English in relation to her vis application. As you say, TA require you to sit the Academic version for their purposes. DIAC do not mind which one you sit and most, who have the choice, sit the General version.

So when you have sat the Academic IELTS for TA, you can then use that same Academic IELTS result for your visa application, as long as you apply for the visa within 2 years of sitting the IELTS test.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

crouts81 is an unknown quantity at this point

My TA assessment is currently being processed. I have my IELTS test this Saturday, I need it for the extra points. All being well, I'll be applying for the 175 GSM visa in April. I have to wait until then because my partner is joining me as a de facto spouse and that's when we've been living together for a year.

I'm a Primary School teacher and have been working in the UK for 2.5 years. I actually did my teacher training in Queensland (completed in 2006), and I am still registered with QCT. However, realistically I know we will not get over until the end of 2010 so it will have expired by then. We are heading to the Gold Coast.

Simon
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi Tony

Thanks for that.... I've been looking at some of the information for the IELTS test and will get myself booked on this, ASAP....

My concern is still however....

Will there be a problem with TA to accept my BA Languages Degree (3 years) and Higher Education Teaching Diploma (1 year) from a university in South Africa? I've gone thru the QTS (and I'm aware that TA don't recognise this) when I applied for my British Passport and British Citizenship (which was successful) I therefore hold a British Passport, but this doesn't seem to count a lot towards any of the stuff I need to go thru again??

Thanks for your advice...
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjleroux
Hi Tony

Thanks for that.... I've been looking at some of the information for the IELTS test and will get myself booked on this, ASAP....

My concern is still however....

Will there be a problem with TA to accept my BA Languages Degree (3 years) and Higher Education Teaching Diploma (1 year) from a university in South Africa? I've gone thru the QTS (and I'm aware that TA don't recognise this) when I applied for my British Passport and British Citizenship (which was successful) I therefore hold a British Passport, but this doesn't seem to count a lot towards any of the stuff I need to go thru again??

Thanks for your advice...
Just holding a british passort is enough for DIAC to accept you have competent English and score 15 points for it. TA will require you to sit ACADEMIC IELTS if you do not meet at least one of the other three acceptable forms of English evidence - one being that:

3. Completed at least two years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) employment as a qualified classroom teacher in their nominated occupation in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America. Employment must have been completed in the five years prior to lodging this application and they must have been completed in an English language environment
Suitable evidence – employment references

So you look OK for TA and DIAC other than you may need to do IELTS for extra 10 English points - So it looks like you can sit the General version.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Tony,

Thanks so much for your help....is it possible to lodge my TA before I've written the test,and just attach the receipt for booking the test (at the earliest time available) for the section of Evidcne of English Language ability?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tony,

Thanks so much for your help....is it possible to lodge my TA before I've written the test,and just attach the receipt for booking the test (at the earliest time available) for the section of Evidcne of English Language ability?
Hang on

I am sying you do not need to do the IELTS test for TA if you meet the working in the UK avenue ?

With British passport you could lodge the visa without the IELTS result but then you are relying on getting the IELTS results before DIAC assess your points - so try and get IELTS sorted before you are ready to lodge visa application if you can.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:56 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Jen,

you've mentioned somewhere that you've bought a book from amazon for the IELTS test, which one did you buy?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0194575314

this was it...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that Jen...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Morning all...

Just filling in my application form for IELTS test (GT), can anyone please clarify the following for me?

Which IELTS test are you taking?
pen and paper OR computerised test (CB IELTS)

I feel really dense asking such silly questions, but is trying to get my head around all this paperwork

Thanks
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Morning all...

Just filling in my application form for IELTS test (GT), can anyone please clarify the following for me?

I feel really dense asking such silly questions, but is trying to get my head around all this paperwork

Thanks
Hi I am sitting the general paper test in March. For visa you have you score 7 on each section is this correct? I feel exactly the same wanting to make sure I cover all paperwork areas. Its a minefield!!!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Morning all...

Thanks
I did the paper one - not all centres have computer access
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Morning all...

Just booked my IELTS for end of March. Bought the supporting materials from the test centre, don't seem TOO difficult (famous last words )

Am I right in saying that TA don't want a CRB check thingy bobby??!! as I've just asked my school for one and they say they will have to get an updated one
Old Feb 20th 2009, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Morning all...

Just booked my IELTS for end of March. Bought the supporting materials from the test centre, don't seem TOO difficult (famous last words )

Am I right in saying that TA don't want a CRB check thingy bobby??!! as I've just asked my school for one and they say they will have to get an updated one
I didnt send a CRB check off for my TA
Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:55 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbn8
I didnt send a CRB check off for my TA
Nor did I....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.