Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Subclass 475 to Permanent Residence Questions

Subclass 475 to Permanent Residence Questions

Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:33 pm
LjK
Just Joined

LjK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subclass 475 to Permanent Residence Questions

Hello,

I am looking at applying for the Subclass 475 visa. I had a couple of questions about it:

1. After you spend 2 years in regional Australia and have worked there for a year, how long does it take for permanent residence to be granted? Sbclss. 475 is advertised as a way to gain permanent residence but I couldn't find any info on how long it actually takes to get permanent residence after you've satisfied your part of the deal.

2. Can you spend 2 years in regional Australia, lodge your permanent residence application and then wait for the result somewhere else? For instance you live in Tasmania for 2 years, satisfy all conditions, lodge a permanent residence application and than move back to Europe while you wait for the matter to be resolved? Or do you have to physically present in the state that sponsored you while you wait for your permanent residence application to be processed?

Thank you in advance!

LjK