Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Police Certificate with an old Drink Driving Ban

Police Certificate with an old Drink Driving Ban

Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

matthewbeddoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificate with an old Drink Driving Ban

I have a police certificate with drink driving ban shown on it. This is the only mark on my otherwise very clean history.

Does anyone know whether this will be a severe hinderence to obtaining any form of immigration route? - I'm really interested in either employer sponsorship of independent skilled - as I am an ACCA qualified accountant.

The motoring offence is now 9 years old. I think to my knowledge it will be removed from police records after 10 years.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate with an old Drink Driving Ban

Originally Posted by matthewbeddoes
I have a police certificate with drink driving ban shown on it. This is the only mark on my otherwise very clean history.

Does anyone know whether this will be a severe hinderence to obtaining any form of immigration route? - I'm really interested in either employer sponsorship of independent skilled - as I am an ACCA qualified accountant.

The motoring offence is now 9 years old. I think to my knowledge it will be removed from police records after 10 years.
You might be able to get it removed now, if the ban has expired and that was the only thing you were charged with its worth a go. Contact the Met and ask if it is eligible to be weeded yet.
http://www.met.police.uk/information/contact.htm
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:00 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by matthewbeddoes

By DVLA standards your DD100 or whichever one it is, stays on your licence for 10 years. It can be removed (at a cost) one year after it's life on your licence is over - so 11 years.

I think that you will find that because DVLA won't get rid of it yet, the police check won't.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

i wouldn,t worry to much about it.as long as you have declared it on your application.i have quite a colourfull history that i,m not proud of and i got my visas ok.just be honest