Subclass 457 and secondary applicants

Old May 15th 2008, 3:28 am
Just Joined

ceriball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subclass 457 and secondary applicants

Hi,

Just a few questions that i hope someone out there can help us with.

My partner and I are in Australia on a working holiday visa at the moment which is due to expire in November 2008.

She's being sponsored by her employer but unfortunately I can't get a decent enough job. We've seen that she can bring a secondary applicant on an interdependent visa.

We think we meet all the requirements, both over 18, been together 3 years. It gets a bit complicated with the living together for 12 months bit...we've been living together in Sydney since December 16th 2007 so that's fine. But we can't actually prove that we lived together at home from the time when i graduated (end of may 2007) to the time we left the UK. We've got statements from friends and family confirming it but is this enough?

Also for the first two years of our relationshp I was at university 180miles away. We spoke on the phone every day (have records ro prove this) and saw each other every 2 weeks plus a month at christmas and easter and 4 months in the summer (during which i lived at her place).Does this time count towards the 12 months? Will this count against us?

On the subclass 457 form (form 1066) point 23 states
"If any secondary persons were not included in the nomination application
made by your employer, you should attach written confirmation from
your employer that they will meet the sponsorship undertakings in
relation to those secondary persons"

What sponsorship undertakings does her employer have in relation to me?

Hope someone can help 'cause we really can't afford an agent or for this to fail!

Thanks

Ceri