Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

subclass 309 Offshore Temporary Partnet Visa

subclass 309 Offshore Temporary Partnet Visa

Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

kev0531 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subclass 309 Offshore Temporary Partnet Visa

Hi,

my partner and I are interested in the subclass 300 and subclass 309. I understand that 300, we need to be married 9 months after the visa was granted. We are in a relationship for 3 years, lived together for 2 years when we were still post graduate students and lived apart for a year due to my family business commitments. during this year apart I had been travelling to visit her 4 times staying from 2 weeks to 3 weeks per visit.

So if we apply for 309, do we need to be married within a certain period of time? or do we need to be married before we can apply for 309?

I am asking because my partner and I plan to get married in 2012 which is why 300 is a bit too near for us.

All comments are welcomed.

Kevin

Last edited by kev0531; Dec 15th 2009 at 2:10 pm. Reason: more details
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: subclass 309 Offshore Temporary Partnet Visa

Originally Posted by kev0531
Hi,

my partner and I are interested in the subclass 300 and subclass 309. I understand that 300, we need to be married 9 months after the visa was granted. We are in a relationship for 3 years, lived together for 2 years when we were still post graduate students and lived apart for a year due to my family business commitments. during this year apart I had been travelling to visit her 4 times staying from 2 weeks to 3 weeks per visit.

So if we apply for 309, do we need to be married within a certain period of time? or do we need to be married before we can apply for 309?

I am asking because my partner and I plan to get married in 2012 which is why 300 is a bit too near for us.

All comments are welcomed.

Kevin
If you apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa you have to get married within 9 months. If you apply for a De Facto Spouse visa you just need to prove 12 months cobahitation - no pressure to get married.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

kev0531 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: subclass 309 Offshore Temporary Partnet Visa

thank god for your reply, this is the reply that i am hoping for. we are lucky that we lived togther for 2 years... now to dig out all the documents to prove it.

Thanks Pollyana, I really love this forum, really really helpful people around!

Kevin