Subclass 175 Cost

Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

jofes2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subclass 175 Cost

Hi

I previously looked at the cost of a subclass 175 and saw the two instalments which I assumed was the cost I'd need to pay.

Looking at it again now it seems the 2nd instalment only needs to be paid for dependants aged over 18 with less than functional English.

Am I reading this correctly in that it will only cost $2105?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:03 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subclass 175 Cost

Originally Posted by jofes2000
Hi

I previously looked at the cost of a subclass 175 and saw the two instalments which I assumed was the cost I'd need to pay.

Looking at it again now it seems the 2nd instalment only needs to be paid for dependants aged over 18 with less than functional English.

The visa itself, yes. Factor in express mail, cost of medicals, the assessment, certification of the documents, and cost of the validation trip - you look at much more than that.
NJ
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. If I do apply for it I will already be in Australia on a WHV so hopefully that will help reduce some of the costs.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:06 am
Just Joined

jmcv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

1st installment : for skill assessment
2nd installment : with visa application
3rd installment : If O/H doesnt even have a functional english IELTS score of 4.5.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jmcv
3rd installment : If O/H doesnt even have a functional english IELTS score of 4.5.
So I do have to pay instalment 1 and 2 anyway? That seems to contradict the website and reply of the the previous guy? There is no mention of instalment 3 on the immigration website.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:07 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the reply. If I do apply for it I will already be in Australia on a WHV so hopefully that will help reduce some of the costs.
You will still have to pay for the medicals and police checks.

Plus, if you are still in Oz when your visa is due to be granted then you will have to make a trip outside of Australia and come back again. At least the flights will be cheaper though.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:09 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

You're confusing the poor guy!

So I do have to pay instalment 1 and 2 anyway? That seems to contradict the website and reply of the the previous guy? There is no mention of instalment 3 on the immigration website.
No, you don't have to pay both installments.

You will have to pay for:
1. Skills assessment
2. Visa application (just the $2100 or so for the 1st installment)
3. Medicals
4. Police checks
5. Validation trip (whether outside of Oz and in, or to get out of Oz and back)
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:10 am
Just Joined

The prvious guy's reply is perfect. You are just confused. Skill assessment payment is not categorised under 1st instalment. I thought to classify it in instalment just for your better understanding. Plz go thru properly, u will understand all.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by comet555

1. Skills assessment
3. Medicals
4. Police checks
I am sorry, I though my words will only help him, but the things went otherwise.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:12 am
Canuck/Aussie

The prvious guy's reply is perfect. You are just confused. Skill assessment payment is not categorised under 1st instalment. I thought to classify it in instalment just for your better understanding. Plz go thru properly, u will understand all.
Using the word instalment is just plain confusing. You're correct about what needs to be paid, but I would not use the word instalment in relation to the skills assessment. It doesn't make any sense.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by comet555

1. Skills assessment
3. Medicals
4. Police checks

Cheers mate sounds good. Gonna see how things go for a few months on my WHV then maybe apply for it. My job scores a 60 on the SOL and is on the MODL so I'd like to apply while that's still the case.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:13 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate sounds good. Gonna see how things go for a few months on my WHV then maybe apply for it. My job scores a 60 on the SOL and is on the MODL so I'd like to apply while that's still the case.
Unfortunately, there is not much you can save with an off-shore visa (175 being one), because you have to be off-shore when it is granted - the validation trip of around one week is a major expense that can not be avoided. You will be notified by the case officer when the decision on your case is about to be made to give you time to leave and wait for that decision outside of the country.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Yes but if I can just fly out to New Zealand for a week or whatever and come back that shouldn't cost too much.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:19 am

Noticed that you are on a WHV (right ?) - read this thread, it may be relevant to your situation as well.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587292
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Yes but not over there yet, going on 1st March. Thanks for the link.