Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

my 457 has been cancelled, need to find another

my 457 has been cancelled, need to find another

Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:39 am
Just Joined

cheggzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my 457 has been cancelled, need to find another

does any1 know of any electrical companies willing to sponsor a qld licensed electrical mechanic.
i have full tra certificates and license.
i have full tools (hand and power) vehicle.
willing to relocate until my permanent visa is granted.
any sparky firms considered
ta
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:05 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: my 457 has been cancelled, need to find another

until my permanent visa is granted
I don't think that I would be telling people that much.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:22 am
Just Joined

y on earth not?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Because the company has to PAY to sponsor you, why bother if you could be leaving in weeks/months?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:30 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

Exactly.

And having been an employer myself for almost 30 years why on Earth would I bother taking someone on and spend company time and money on sponsoring them and training them in our way of working/dealing with clients etc. in the full knowledge that they will just p**s off once they've got PR.

Staff turnover is a real pain at the best of times. Why make life difficult for myself?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

thankyou for your reply,
i do, however think you're missing the point i have no intention of "p**sing off" once my permanent visa has been granted as you so put it. but once the permanent visa has been granted the responsibilities of the employer are reduced, all im looking for is a company to take over the sponsorship temporarily , my employment with that company is the same as any employment that i have undergone prior to this, in that a member of staff has opportunities to move to other firms or divisions. that is not my plan.
i do however, think the most sensible option is to lodge a skilled visa application, and, in turn, attempt to apply for another company to continue the 457 for the immediate future(or do you suggest an alternative method??????)
i have stated to all companies that i am fully committed to any position i am fortunate enough to gain.
if my original thread mislead you i apologise
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheggzy
willing to relocate until my permanent visa is granted.
That is the bit which made it look like you might not be sticking around. The UNTIL.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:39 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheggzy
thankyou for your reply,
i do, however think you're missing the point i have no intention of "p**sing off" once my permanent visa has been granted as you so put it. but once the permanent visa has been granted the responsibilities of the employer are reduced, all im looking for is a company to take over the sponsorship temporarily , my employment with that company is the same as any employment that i have undergone prior to this, in that a member of staff has opportunities to move to other firms or divisions. that is not my plan.
i do however, think the most sensible option is to lodge a skilled visa application, and, in turn, attempt to apply for another company to continue the 457 for the immediate future(or do you suggest an alternative method??????)
i have stated to all companies that i am fully committed to any position i am fortunate enough to gain.
if my original thread mislead you i apologise
Hi Cheggzy,

Not a good time to be seeking a new sponsor but I recommend you talk to an agent urgently since if your 457 has in fact been "cancelled" you're in a vulnerable position. If the reality is that the employer has just given you notice, then particularly important that you find out what your rights are.

I would support what Les has said to the extent that generally people are often incautious here about putting personal information into a public forum which later is used against them. Important to remember that the moderators can delete such information on request.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:09 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

generally people are often incautious here about putting personal information into a public forum which later is used against them
We, and just about every other employer I know, and not just in the SME sector, google every potential new hire at the end of the selection process before we make a job offer. Amazing what you come up with occasionally.

And just so that people are made aware of it; yes, any posts on this forum do come up on Google.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls
We, and just about every other employer I know, and not just in the SME sector, google every potential new hire at the end of the selection process before we make a job offer. Amazing what you come up with occasionally.

And just so that people are made aware of it; yes, any posts on this forum do come up on Google.
At one time the first twenty hits that came up for the word "lettuce" were all posts on this forum!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:22 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

If the reality is that the employer has just given you notice
I think it is worthwhile pointing out here, George, that if he has just been given notice that his employment does not cease until the period of notice has been served together with any accrued annual leave, RDOs etc. Then the clock starts on his 28 days.

If the 457 has indeed been cancelled then he needs to seek professional advice, and quickly. Visa cancellation is definitely not a time for DIY.

Perhaps the OP should give you a call, George. I've been in Australia nearly 40 years now and am probably a bit too forthright.

Still a Pom, and sound like one too, but have the Aussie habit of telling it how I see it.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:24 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Super Moderator
See what happens, George, when I put asterisks in the middle of a word?

You'd think I'd be safe this time of night.

Must be something in the software.