Sub-Arachnoid Haemorrhage

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sub-Arachnoid Haemorrhage

OK guys, I need to know if anyone out there has any experience of sub-arachnoid haemorrhage and the medicals?

I had a very mild one three and a half years ago. The prognosis is that I am as likely to have another as anyone else. So the doctors didn't think that I have anything to worry about but they didn't know I was going to be applying to emigrate, did they? So I am worrying!

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Graham
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:54 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sub-Arachnoid Haemorrhage

Hi Graham,

Think that this one is for the likes of Alan and George.

Maybe they could give you a little more info on the subject as i am sure that they have personally come across many different cases.

Best regards

Rob

Originally posted by Gravyman
OK guys, I need to know if anyone out there has any experience of sub-arachnoid haemorrhage and the medicals?

I had a very mild one three and a half years ago. The prognosis is that I am as likely to have another as anyone else. So the doctors didn't think that I have anything to worry about but they didn't know I was going to be applying to emigrate, did they? So I am worrying!

Graham
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:56 pm
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Graham
Gravyman can't have been the only person to experience one of these, can he?

I appreciate that you probably are not doctors but if you can offer any words of wisdom they'll be much appreciated!

TIA

Sarsa (Mrs Gravyman)
Old Aug 4th 2004, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Graham
Hi Graham , Glad you okay now . If Doctors said you'll be fine and have just the probability as anyone else of having another haemorrhage , then try and not worry to hard. (don't want to unduly raise your blood pressure or anything ! ).If you have not had your medicals yet , then speak to your GP about your diagnosis 3 years ago. Get a letter from him outlining diagnosis , treatment , prognosis etc and take it with you to your medical. The "panel" doctor will request any other information if required and if need be request more info from hospital Doctors.
Have not had a haemmorhage myself but have nursed many at the acute onset and have seen fantastic recovery .
Take care and all the best , Tass.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:07 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Graham
Dont know about this particular situation; but do you have anything from the consultant at the time stating the above? I know people with pre-existing conditions such as this often take notes etc with them to the medical, so they are there if asked for.

Cheers
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the advice.
I guess once I get to the medicals stages I'll go to my GP and ask him for a letter to take with me.
Hopefully it will be OK.
The only thing that worries me is that I wasn't able to get life insurance until this year, which was 3 years after the incident.

Graham
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:49 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the advice.
I guess once I get to the medicals stages I'll go to my GP and ask him for a letter to take with me.
Hopefully it will be OK.
The only thing that worries me is that I wasn't able to get life insurance until this year, which was 3 years after the incident.

Graham

hi Graham,
if you write a letter to your consultant at the hospital explaining you are migrating and will need to undertake medicals, ask him if he can write a letter 'to whom it may concern' outlining your treatment and prognosis. His secretary will deal with it all, its just a case of pulling your notes, rereading his own notes and then dictating a letter to his secretary to type up. You should get it back within a couple of weeks, or better still ring the consultants secretary, explain all the above and she should get a letter done for you. Its a fairly common occurence in all areas of medicine, so you arent asking the secretary for something unusual or uncommon. You could also perhaps take your insurance documents with you to the medical just to prove you are deemed 'fit'!!
good luck, post back how you get on!!

sue