student working restrictions

Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:31 am
Just Joined

adeel644 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default student working restrictions

Anyone can guide pls that what are the rules if student has finished his study but his visa is not expired is he allowed to work. For example, i have enrollment till December 2013 and have finished studies, but i have a visa till March 2014, am i legally allowed to work full time or with 40 hrs fortnightly restriction or can't work at all.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: student working restrictions

Originally Posted by adeel644
Anyone can guide pls that what are the rules if student has finished his study but his visa is not expired is he allowed to work. For example, i have enrollment till December 2013 and have finished studies, but i have a visa till March 2014, am i legally allowed to work full time or with 40 hrs fortnightly restriction or can't work at all.
The visa conditions remain the same in that you are limited to 40hrs work per fortnight from what I have read. I thought that visas were cancelled automatically 28 days after studies complete - but I think this may have changed. You should be able to get information from DIBP.

What are your plans now you have completed your studies?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The visa conditions remain the same in that you are limited to 40hrs work per fortnight from what I have read. I thought that visas were cancelled automatically 28 days after studies complete - but I think this may have changed. You should be able to get information from DIBP.

What are your plans now you have completed your studies?
thanks for the reply, but i talked to immigration department and they said that after completion of studies i can work full time till my visa expires. can you send me a link where did you get this information.

Now i am planing to get admission in nursing as the course that i have studied don't have demand in Australia. what you think ?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply, but i talked to immigration department and they said that after completion of studies i can work full time till my visa expires. can you send me a link where did you get this information.

Now i am planing to get admission in nursing as the course that i have studied don't have demand in Australia. what you think ?
This was what I was reading - http://www.immi.gov.au/students/stud...conditions.htm
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
thanks and can you give me any tip or advice to get IELTS band 7 each
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:19 am

Try a google search for practice tests and have a look at what is involved in each test. Also have a look at sample writing pieces in that band and both the band below and band above (or half band) and look at similarities and differences in pieces. Some places run IELTS practice courses so you can experience test conditions and get feedback on areas for improvement
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

I found the website http://ielts-simon.com/ very helpful whilst I prepared for both IELTS General and Academic.