student visa

Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

anitblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: student visa

oh well 900 hours it is then.....thats when i decide what course to do !!!! its all really draining trying to make what will be the right decision.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by anitblue
oh well 900 hours it is then.....thats when i decide what course to do !!!! its all really draining trying to make what will be the right decision.

We don't actually have any family in Oz so it doesn't matter where we go really. I have been advised to study a course that i will like or that i will enjoy as 2 years doing something you're not keen on is going to very difficult!

Thats why i decided to go with the Welfare course rather than the hairdressing.

By the way see this link...........this instiitute do the Welfare course in Brisbane........http://www.bn.tafe.qld.gov.au/intern...&courseid=2822

Hope this helps

Becky
Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Stefan told me to go to metropolitan south tafe in brisbane, maybe because it is closer to the train routes. I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS COURSE BUT AM WORRIED about the commuting times someone told me over an hour each way!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

hi again
just asking that when you registered for your welfare course you said stefan helped you. did you fill the form on line or did you post them to him, also did you send references because apart from being a full time carer for my mum till she passed i have not really done any work in this field. i have looked at the student visa form and its pretty lenghty, imagine if you paid all the money for meds , sold your house and then got the visa rejected!!! i have found a tafe tha t does welfare only half an hour fron goldcoast so like you said rather do something i am interested in.. do you know anyone who is already doing the course, just to see what it entails. MY SISTER RANG THE TAFE AND THEY SAID IT WAS 3 DAYS AND A DAY PLACEMENT SO THAT GIVES YOU TIME TO GET SOME (hopefully paid) work in... BFN TINA
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by anitblue
hi again
just asking that when you registered for your welfare course you said stefan helped you. did you fill the form on line or did you post them to him, also did you send references because apart from being a full time carer for my mum till she passed i have not really done any work in this field. i have looked at the student visa form and its pretty lenghty, imagine if you paid all the money for meds , sold your house and then got the visa rejected!!! i have found a tafe tha t does welfare only half an hour fron goldcoast so like you said rather do something i am interested in.. do you know anyone who is already doing the course, just to see what it entails. MY SISTER RANG THE TAFE AND THEY SAID IT WAS 3 DAYS AND A DAY PLACEMENT SO THAT GIVES YOU TIME TO GET SOME (hopefully paid) work in... BFN TINA
Hi, Stefan sent me the basic enrollment form which asked for previous education and employment history if applicable. I printed the forms off then posted them to him with i.d and copies of my college certificates. I personally think that its unlikely to be rejected. They're getting lots of money from you doing the course and its only a temp visa so unless theres real concern i can't see why the visa would be refused.

I haven't looked at the student visa form yet as we can't apply for it until 4 months before the course starts which would be april 09!

I don't know anyone doing the course unfortunately, i wifh i did, it might make it easier!

What TAFE is it that you've found? We're going to the sunshine ocast purely because we know some friends there from our hometown! We're flexible where we go really and have thought about Melbourne, Adelaide etc...... too.

Let me know how you get on with your plans

BFN

Becky
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

HI we plan to stay on the goldcoast, probably in arundel wher one of my sisters live, that way my daughter could go to the samE school as my nephew and we could arrange childcare between us.. the tafe i have chosen iS called laganlea and its about 30 minutes tops on the train but if push came to shove i could drive. my sister has got a really big house so we could stay with her till we get settled, jst got to get the course sorted now..
BFN TINA