Student Visa

Old May 16th 2008, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

witney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visa

can anyone help?

I am supposed to be starting my college course in July (looks like i will have to postpone until Feb as the house is not selling) but i need to still enrol the children (2) in to school, i applied through the EQI and have just been invoiced for $8400 which will cover two semester, this seems a lot of money that you need to pay upfront, does anyone know a way around this?, i need the certificate to pass to immigration but i just don't have that money to hand not without selling the house. I have also been told that if i change to another area in Brisbane that i will not be able to transfer the funds across and i would lose my money! has anyone else had this problem?
Old May 16th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Student Visa

Oh dear, over on a student visa too, but don't have school age children so not really sure, sorry!! I did THINK though that you could pay the first term upfront and then pay in instalments like the college fees, and i also thought you could change schools with out losing money as long as it was in the same state, but i may be totally wrong!!

Good luck, hopefully someone else can help!

cheers
Mandy
Old May 17th 2008, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I think it may have been on the 'student medicals' thread, but I'm sure someone was saying that they didn't have to pay before hand, that there is a way around it. Have a look near the end of that post. If not, just do a search for student visas.
Old May 17th 2008, 9:34 am
Just Joined

I have e-mailed some of the schools directly. I have had a response from one saying that they will be happy to take the children and that i just need to show them the birth certificates on arrival. I think this way might be easier as it looks like i will not have to pay for the school fees before arriving in Oz.

Sue
Old May 17th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

That's great Sue,

Good luck with everything, hope the house sells quickly!!

Mandy
Old May 17th 2008, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mandyp
That's great Sue,

Good luck with everything, hope the house sells quickly!!

Mandy
Thanks Mandy. Fingers crossed everything starts coming together, we have our Medicals on Friday then we are all done!
Sue
Old May 17th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

Well done, all back on track now,
Old May 17th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Where are you headed n what are you studying?

The medicals are a doddle n hopefully you won't have to waittoo long for your visa!

Any interest in your house or are you really gonna have to defer?

Mandy
Old May 17th 2008, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Studying the welfare officer course in Nambour, not sure if it's the best area to go. Had no offers on the house, the taxi driver was interested last night if we don't get an offer soon will have to defer until Feb. Spoke to the college they said there are a few people in the same situation and that they are happy to reissue the COE for Feb. I'm not sure whats the hardest making the decision to go or having to stay here longer!
Old May 17th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

whats for you will not pass you by, keep the faith
Old May 17th 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by witney
Studying the welfare officer course in Nambour, not sure if it's the best area to go. Had no offers on the house, the taxi driver was interested last night if we don't get an offer soon will have to defer until Feb. Spoke to the college they said there are a few people in the same situation and that they are happy to reissue the COE for Feb. I'm not sure whats the hardest making the decision to go or having to stay here longer!

Hi, I've looked at doing this course at Nambour, we haven't put house on market yet and have a business to sell so we're not looking until maybe July 09 or even possibly Feb 2010. This sounds sooo far away to me but hubby reckons we need as much cash behind as as poss as we have 2 kids schooloing to pay for too.

One quick question......Welfare worker isn't on the modl list. Will you beable to make up the points ok when it comes to applying for PR. Because of this, I had almost decided to do the hairdressing as it's on the MODL list?????
Old May 17th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

The course is a Diploma of community welfare work (2512-11). It's worth 60points under the skilled occupation list, Employer nomination and i thought it was on the MODL list but i have just looked at the new listings and couldn't see it. The college has said that this is course is approved for PR status. I do have a migration officer who is based in Brisbane so i will check with her and report back.
I worry about money but i think you manage no matter what, pre kids where did our money go? i work part time now, mortgage twice the cost as it used to be and hubby just had basic increase for the past few years we still seem to get by, i just think it will be a great future for the kids. Good luck with what you decide
Old May 17th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Time is the hardest part!! When you decide you wanna do this thing, you just wanna head off n start your new life!!

You get by on what you have, the more you have the more you spend!!

We're soo glad we done this n came over, we're having a fab time over here n that's on the student visa, can only get better (if not a wee bit harder before it does)!!

We both got jobs very easily. I'm doing residential (children and youngpeople) same as I did back across!

Good luck all,
Mandy
Old May 17th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandyp
Time is the hardest part!! When you decide you wanna do this thing, you just wanna head off n start your new life!!

You get by on what you have, the more you have the more you spend!!

We're soo glad we done this n came over, we're having a fab time over here n that's on the student visa, can only get better (if not a wee bit harder before it does)!!

We both got jobs very easily. I'm doing residential (children and youngpeople) same as I did back across!

Good luck all,
Mandy
Yes, you're right, seems such a long time before we do it!

Although, when we work it backwards it's not so bad. We'll put house on market this time next year, and plan to be out in Oz Dec 09 so not too bad. Although if we really go for it we could go and do the course which starts next July 09.

Another worry for us, is that we have a foster girl living with us and she is 'long term' placement, ideally untill she is 16. She would then be 16 in the March of 2010 so it wouldn't be such an upheaval for her, whereas if we go sooner, she will have to be moved. I hate to mess people about.

Views on this appreciated....
Old May 18th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Becky,

Just wondered if you'd worked out your timescales? When you come over, you'll have your two year course and then you would have to do a years work experience and then you'd be looking at a bridging visa for 6 or more months till you get PR so around 3+ half years.

If you manage to get sponsored, unless you get an RSMS, you'd be looking at a 457 for 2 years then maybe the ENS?

If your not planning on coming over till Dec 09, that's another 19months on top.

If you've got all that time to wait, why wouldn't you think of retraining at nightschool over there for something, ie get whatever minimum qual you need in shortest time poss before you come over?

We just used the student route cause we didn't want to wait we decided to 'go for it' june07 and arrived here nov07. If I had been looking so far in advance before coming over, I certainly would have looked into retraining first. Just a thought.

Also I've heard that the courses get booked up very quickly and further in advance, so you may not have too much choice in times.

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.