Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Strange - DIAC thinks that I'm Migration Agent

Strange - DIAC thinks that I'm Migration Agent

Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Strange - DIAC thinks that I'm Migration Agent

Originally Posted by sandy81
No thanks ! I am genuinely NOT interested in knowing how many points you have claimed for English language requirement for your visa.

And WHY in the world it bothers you so much if someone raises a genuine concern to DIAC by calling or lodging a PLE. Your noise is not going to stop me from taking action in the interest of my application. I know that the DIAC staff have an ability to distinguish between silly(as you say so) and genuine concerns.

Today, at one point of time I almost decided not to take up this matter(agent-client) with DIAC after I saw opinions of my fellow forum members on this thread.

However, below threads raised my eyebrows, as me and Shiva, both have quite similar kind of experience with our ex-agent. DIAC still sends important emails to our ex-agent, not sure why ? What make DIAC to send an email to ex-agent despite Shiva had terminated contract ? Possibly same thing might have happened to me. Something is wrong somewhere and we need to find out. And How ? By lodging a PLE or calling to DIAC as we don't have a magic crystal ball.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618966
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618618

As I said, now agent-client is not the only matter, I feel that there might be more behind the scene and I might be just unaware of it. I just want to make sure that neither DIAC had sent any communication in the past to my ex-agent nor received any unwanted data/form especially 956 from my ex-agent.

I second that. I believe everyone has the right to know if there is something wrong with their application. I don't think sending a PLE or making a phone call will slow down the process. DIAC might have a different team for these services.

Atleast you are not bombarding DIAC with "Tell me the status" kinda PLEs.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scaria197
Guys...you can run me over with a Road-train but please relax.

Stress levels are high and Patience is difficult. We are not here in a war with each other.

I personally dont see any reason not to inquire why the application has been treated as from an agent..afteralll there are people wrongly not classified as CSL even after notification.

Also dont see any reason making a personal attack on someone by calling them silly.

Peace guys
A sensible post. Sending you Karma...
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:05 pm
June'08 applicant

sandy81 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scaria197
Also dont see any reason making a personal attack on someone by calling them silly.
Peace guys
As if someone is the only "smartest" creature in this world !!

Peace
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:08 pm
June'08 applicant

sandy81 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
I second that. I believe everyone has the right to know if there is something wrong with their application. I don't think sending a PLE or making a phone call will slow down the process. DIAC might have a different team for these services.

Atleast you are not bombarding DIAC with "Tell me the status" kinda PLEs.
Thanks friend for being sensible enough to understand the view point.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

Unlike some posts on this thread I think this is something you do need to correct and not simply ignore. It's your application and I wouldn't worry about sending a PLE and wasting DIAC time because if you dont then someone else will. You have paid for a service and if you are not getting for what you have paid for then you have the right to complain. Dont worry about all the people complaining regarding number of PLEs that is slowing down the visa allocation process; there are lots of other factors that determine how quickly visas are issued such as government quotas etc.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laguna33p
Unlike some posts on this thread I think this is something you do need to correct and not simply ignore. It's your application and I wouldn't worry about sending a PLE and wasting DIAC time because if you dont then someone else will. You have paid for a service and if you are not getting for what you have paid for then you have the right to complain. Dont worry about all the people complaining regarding number of PLEs that is slowing down the visa allocation process; there are lots of other factors that determine how quickly visas are issued such as government quotas etc.
Guys, please calm down and stop the name calling.
It is almost certainly an oversight - although the OP is no longer using an agent this information clearly has not been fed into the system.

I suggest the OP contacts DIAC and gets the situation clarified.

If there is any more name calling I will close the thread.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Guys, please calm down and stop the name calling.
It is almost certainly an oversight - although the OP is no longer using an agent this information clearly has not been fed into the system.

I suggest the OP contacts DIAC and gets the situation clarified.

If there is any more name calling I will close the thread.
If Im not wrong you are in Australia, isnt it? and you got up so early... whats the time there...
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:02 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If Im not wrong you are in Australia, isnt it? and you got up so early... whats the time there...
I work nights its 6am, 30 minutes to go till home time
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I work nights its 6am, 30 minutes to go till home time
Ahh ok. Its clear now. In that case, wish you get a nice sleep...
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:11 pm
Home and Happy

Ahh ok. Its clear now. In that case, wish you get a nice sleep...
Thanks