STNI or Skilled Independant?

Old Aug 8th 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default STNI or Skilled Independant?

Which would be the best way to go if I want to go to SA? I have 120 points. I'm all confused......
Old Aug 8th 2004, 12:57 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI or Skilled Independant?

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Which would be the best way to go if I want to go to SA? I have 120 points. I'm all confused......
Dear GJN,

You should get the visa more quickly if you go STNI, but you're then subject to the requirement to stay in South Australia for two years. Your choice...

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 8th 2004, 2:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

As there is a reasonable overlap between the MODL and the SA skill shortage list for STNI, now that MODL gets priority processing as well (or so I understand) there should be fewer people going for STNI purely to get faster processing.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear GJN,

You should get the visa more quickly if you go STNI, but you're then subject to the requirement to stay in South Australia for two years. Your choice...

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:34 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Go for Skilled independent since this is faster than STNI after July1st.
Also STNI requires additional obligations to the nominated state.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Go for Skilled independent since this is faster than STNI after July1st.
Also STNI requires additional obligations to the nominated state.

Where did you get the information that Skilled Independent is faster than stni after July 1st?

RegRDS

kb