Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

hi Steve, while updating time - line could you please fill in blanks on mine;- on 143 no agent and going to Northern Rivers NSW. Meds and pcc sent off on thursday 26th november.
thanks a lot great; job you do and very much appreciated.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:56 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goindownunder
Thanks for the good wishes everyone....I'ts a great feeling to finally have the go ahead to start a new life.

All of you who have paid 2nd VAC at an Australian High Commision office, please make sure that they noted your reference number and full names on the receipt. I had to mail my Case Officer a copy of the receipt with the reference number before she could match the receipt to our application.

Regards
Fanie
A RECEIPT! Whats one of them? Well I am still waiting on mine, feeling very frustrated now as we are so close yet so far. Have again emailed case officer asking him whats going on. As Xmas and New Year are fast approaching there will be 2 weeks when nothing will be processed as they will be closed!

Matt
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:02 pm

Did I mention its only 30C here today, so feeling a bit cold!

Matt
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goindownunder

RED STAR PLEASE!!

We have just received the long awaited letter saying that our visas have been granted.

We were so busy with packing and selling off our unwanted goods that the time (10days) it took for the pink receipt to reach Perth seemed insignificant.

Good luck to everybody who are still waiting for that final piece of paper and best wishes for a wonderful life in Australia

Regards

Fanie and Mienie
Congratulations,
Good luck with your move :

Vindy
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
A RECEIPT! Whats one of them? Well I am still waiting on mine, feeling very frustrated now as we are so close yet so far. Have again emailed case officer asking him whats going on. As Xmas and New Year are fast approaching there will be 2 weeks when nothing will be processed as they will be closed!

Matt
Reply from CO is that London express mailed receipt to him Friday so there is some hope in sight still

Matt
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

gotnoidea is an unknown quantity at this point

Reply from CO is that London express mailed receipt to him Friday so there is some hope in sight still

Matt
The plan with Berlin is that they will post back the receipt to mum in Paris - hopefully they'll do that all today when they receive the fax and payment details. She then DHLs it to Perth.

from what i am reading it seems to me, that if you have this pink receipt (they should make it gold!!) and you get it to the CO then the CO can issue the visa. Is that right, or does the CO need to do some other checks first?

Have asked Berlin to email the CO ack'ing payment.
Mum will fax the receipt to Perth as soon as she gets it.
We'll email the CO that the fax has been sent.
Mum will DHL the receipt to Perth.
We'll email the CO when we get the proof of delivery from DHL.

That plan just has to work... unless he's on Chrissie hols in which case he won't give a stuff

Anyway, looking promising Matt, fingers crossed for you.

Rich
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Yes! you do have to sent one part of the receipt, my agent asked for the top copy which is white, because, being carbon copies, the top one is much clearer, I don't think it really matters, as long as they get a copy, as previously posted, add your extra details, to save time.
Good luck
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

The tracker says tom'n'sylvia also received their RED STAR on the 14th Dec.

CONGRATULATIONS (Two in one day!?)
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by gotnoidea
The plan with Berlin is that they will post back the receipt to mum in Paris - hopefully they'll do that all today when they receive the fax and payment details. She then DHLs it to Perth.

from what i am reading it seems to me, that if you have this pink receipt (they should make it gold!!) and you get it to the CO then the CO can issue the visa. Is that right, or does the CO need to do some other checks first?

Have asked Berlin to email the CO ack'ing payment.
Mum will fax the receipt to Perth as soon as she gets it.
We'll email the CO that the fax has been sent.
Mum will DHL the receipt to Perth.
We'll email the CO when we get the proof of delivery from DHL.

That plan just has to work... unless he's on Chrissie hols in which case he won't give a stuff

Anyway, looking promising Matt, fingers crossed for you.

Rich
Once we get the grant we won't be able to do much with it as my OH cannot fly for a possible minimum of 12 weeks which takes us up to beginning of March somewhere! She has to have another scan on her leg in 6 weeks to see if clot has dispersed before doctor will even consider letting her fly. So looks like she is going to stay here whilst I go back home to do some work and maybe come back to fetch her. We were due to fly back on 5th january!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Walna is an unknown quantity at this point

Once we get the grant we won't be able to do much with it as my OH cannot fly for a possible minimum of 12 weeks which takes us up to beginning of March somewhere! She has to have another scan on her leg in 6 weeks to see if clot has dispersed before doctor will even consider letting her fly. So looks like she is going to stay here whilst I go back home to do some work and maybe come back to fetch her. We were due to fly back on 5th january!!

Cheers

Matt
So sorry to hear about your wife Matt. Hope that you get your visa soon - it's been a long wait. We were a week ahead of you, but our son (AOS) has not even been asked to open an account for us yet. Apparently everything else is OK. We are hoping to get our visa soon, so that we can validate it before the house is sold. Our CO has started working just two days a week now - i suppose that the wait will be even longer (maybe the house will sell in the meantime!!!) Hope that you and yours have a good Christmas. Ann
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Walna
So sorry to hear about your wife Matt. Hope that you get your visa soon - it's been a long wait. We were a week ahead of you, but our son (AOS) has not even been asked to open an account for us yet. Apparently everything else is OK. We are hoping to get our visa soon, so that we can validate it before the house is sold. Our CO has started working just two days a week now - i suppose that the wait will be even longer (maybe the house will sell in the meantime!!!) Hope that you and yours have a good Christmas. Ann
Hi Ann, don't you find it such a frustrating time with all the waiting, and everything seems so slow, plus everything that can go wrong does!! Good thing is that we only have to apply for this visa once! We are on evisitor visas at present and they expire the end of January as they only last for 3 months max, but are valid for 12 months at 3 month visits, Have just been looking at how to extend so the OH is legal and looks like a visit to DIAC office in Brisbane to sort it, oh happy days!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:46 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rosalinka
hi Steve, while updating time - line could you please fill in blanks on mine;- on 143 no agent and going to Northern Rivers NSW. Meds and pcc sent off on thursday 26th november.
thanks a lot great; job you do and very much appreciated.
Hello - all done for next update. And thanks for the encouragement, glad you find it useful.
Cheers
Steve
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:51 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ann, don't you find it such a frustrating time with all the waiting, and everything seems so slow, plus everything that can go wrong does!! Good thing is that we only have to apply for this visa once! We are on evisitor visas at present and they expire the end of January as they only last for 3 months max, but are valid for 12 months at 3 month visits, Have just been looking at how to extend so the OH is legal and looks like a visit to DIAC office in Brisbane to sort it, oh happy days!!

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt

This is disappointing for you guys. I do hope the visitor visa doesn't prove a pain (there's not a lot they can do except extend really is there?) You just need to forget about it all for Xmas really, and pick up the baton again in January.

What one is left with after going through this visa process is a determination to become an Aussie citizen to remove the risk of ever having to go through it again!

Cheers

Steve
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I've been reading everyone's posts with great interest. So sorry to hear about your wife's problems Matt, I do hope she gets well very soon & that you get your visa's before Chistmas.

I'm hoping to complete my forms on a day off from work tomorrow, please could someone let me know if I need to get my passport photos certified individually on the back of each photo or if you can just get them certified across all 4.

thanks
Katie
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Hi everyone,

I've been reading everyone's posts with great interest. So sorry to hear about your wife's problems Matt, I do hope she gets well very soon & that you get your visa's before Chistmas.

I'm hoping to complete my forms on a day off from work tomorrow, please could someone let me know if I need to get my passport photos certified individually on the back of each photo or if you can just get them certified across all 4.

thanks
Katie
Hi Katie,
You need 4 recent passport-size photos of you and any other person in your application.
And you just need to print the name of the back of each photo.
You don't need to get them certified.

Best wishes

Vindy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.