Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Walna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by gotnoidea
$285 per week? That is incredible, maybe there's something to be said for SA? We're paying $720 for a 3 bed prefab in Sydney. I remember going to see one of my great aunts living in a prefab in East London in the early 80s, little did i imagine i'd be living in one on the other side of the world some 30 years later. (I think its only me that calls these houses prefabs, but i'm pretty sure it's made of the same stuff - just a bit bigger inside).
My mother-in-law sold EVERYTHING apart from a few boxes of books which she doesn't mind waiting for - so no wait for a container, one less thing to stress over. I'd love to think i could do that at her age. Although not sure i could live without the surfboards, or the mountain bike, or the big TV, or the computers, pretty fond of the kitchenaid mixer and all my framed photos....
Hi, We intend to do exactly as your mother-in-law. When house sold, we intend to send a box of pictures ahead of us. Then we will leave with a bag of clothes each and hello new life. Can't wait.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Lisa G is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

just tried to make an appointment with Centrelink for AOS and cant get in until Wed 6 Jan! Not even able to go on a cancellation list! very frustrating!

Lisa g
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:59 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lisa G
Hi everyone

just tried to make an appointment with Centrelink for AOS and cant get in until Wed 6 Jan! Not even able to go on a cancellation list! very frustrating!

Lisa g
Thats no good at all. Do you book through a central number or at a specific branch. Heres hoping you can bring it forward.

Cheers

Matt
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Lisa G is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt,

we have to book through a central number, and although there are Centrelink service centres all over Perth, we have to go to the one in Perth City, luckily I as i work in the city i may just take a stroll over there and see if they can bring it forward! It's just a bit worrying as the timeframe is 49 days to get it all sorted!

Lisa g
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Matt,

we have to book through a central number, and although there are Centrelink service centres all over Perth, we have to go to the one in Perth City, luckily I as i work in the city i may just take a stroll over there and see if they can bring it forward! It's just a bit worrying as the timeframe is 49 days to get it all sorted!

Lisa g
Hi Lisa G

That seems bad news, I think I would more than just stroll over there
it's not like CPVs are a bunch of freeloaders.

Is the time frame of 49 days a target or a requirement?

Guess I know what you want for christmas.

P.S. I think on the timeline there is confusion between you and Lis G unless you both had meds done on the same day.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:48 am

Hi Matt,

Lisa g
Hi Lisa, I believe that the 49 days can be extended if need be. I know thats not much help to you, but the option is there if need be!

Put your steel toe caps on and march on over!

All the best

Matt.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Lisa g
Did I imagine it or didn't someone post a comment a while ago saying that they were able to just walk into the Centrelink office without an appointment?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=gotnoidea;8132652]$285 per week? That is incredible, maybe there's something to be said for SA?

There is LOTS to be said in favour of SA!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Did I imagine it or didn't someone post a comment a while ago saying that they were able to just walk into the Centrelink office without an appointment?
I think you will find that is around Brisbane, but you will find they do lots of things different in Queensland.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:46 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
P.S. I think on the timeline there is confusion between you and Lis G unless you both had meds done on the same day.
Thanks for spotting that Les. Now corrected; I do know that LizG may not proceed with the application.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Just tracking my payment mandate posted to the Australian High Commission London and delivery was attempted at 15.11 Friday 27th and it was not accepted, now out for automatic re-delivery Monday!! Well nothing seems to go right when we are in a hurry does it.

Cheers

Matt
Well, on checking again this morning I discover it has again been refused!!

I have since learned that as I did not include "Migration Department" in the address it will never be accepted, SO BE WARNED, if you go the same route.
Hopefully the couriers will return my stuff to me as it includes bank card details!

Meantime, yes, I have just emailed it all, NOW WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE I WONDER??

Frustrated

Matt
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Hi everyone

Lisa g
My daughter, out AOS, phoned Perth 1st, because she thought that was the only way to deal, she was given an appointment, with 3 weeks wait, (she lives down the coast, approx 2hrs away) when she called Perth again she asked if there was another 'office' where she could pay, there were lots, they won't give you the telephone number, but will put you though, internally, where, she was told, just to 'rock in' whenever, but, these outer 'offices' do take a little longer to deal generally, because they have to post off the info. etc; but, daughter thought it was great! Regards Lin
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Matt, I emailed ours off 1st, do you remember? They ignored me, after 2 weeks of waiting, and some funny replies from London, I posted it off, this took 5 days for visa grant! 2 days after, the grant, I received an email from London, saying they still were not sure what my 'problem was', (acting as though they hadn't received my mandate etc) and as I had an agent, I was to, get them to deal!

If everything is being returned from London, untouched, why not take a chance, and post off all the info. in the magic envelope, again, now? That way, you'll still get it in before Christmas! Regards Lin
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by home alone
Matt, I emailed ours off 1st, do you remember? They ignored me, after 2 weeks of waiting, and some funny replies from London, I posted it off, this took 5 days for visa grant! 2 days after, the grant, I received an email from London, saying they still were not sure what my 'problem was', (acting as though they hadn't received my mandate etc) and as I had an agent, I was to, get them to deal!

If everything is being returned from London, untouched, why not take a chance, and post off all the info. in the magic envelope, again, now? That way, you'll still get it in before Christmas! Regards Lin
Hi Lin, yes I certainly remember the problems you had, that is why I posted the mandate etc rather than email it! Little did I know

But good news, my payment has been taken as a result of emailing it, I have a screen shot of the payment which I am just going to email to our case officer, though I should imagine he will want a copy of the official receipt before issuing visas and as that has to come from London to Oz by mail could be a while yet, though I have just asked London if they could scan it and email it to me!!

All the best

Matt
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
I think you will find that is around Brisbane, but you will find they do lots of things different in Queensland.
in sydney they seemed to be able to give next day appointments - it wasnt the main office so they had to post the paperwork on internally, but it was still processed very quickly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.