Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old May 21st 2010, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by sandch
Let me be the first to congratulate you. Well done!

Bets wishes

Steve
HAPPY DAYS! Congratulations Such good news and hopefully more to come.

Chris and Barbara
Old May 21st 2010, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris-Rob-PTK
Hi Folks, its magic Friday ,please may we have a RED STAR yippee
Many CONGRATULATIONS Chris & Rob

John & Marg
Old May 21st 2010, 9:51 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Hi Steve, and everyone else with the same thoughts - I fully expected to have problems finding a rental as I too have a dog and no job - however, I was very lucky to find a lovely house/unit with a joy of a landlord ................................

...........Hope this helps!!!
Jean
Hi Jean

Very useful thanks! Anything like this which helps to remove some of the anxiety associated with relocation is great. Renting a house is the thing we're second least looking forward to (the flight being the first).

Best wishes

Steve
Old May 21st 2010, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Hi Steve, and everyone else with the same thoughts - I fully expected to have problems finding a rental as I too have a dog and no job - however, I was very lucky to find a lovely house/unit with a joy of a landlord who was happy to allow my large dog too and unusually seems to assume that he sleeps inside (many allow dogs but expect them to be outside). As for not having a job - this was not even mentioned. I had sold the UK house and was living in a rented cottage - so I got a reference from the agent who sold the house stating that the house was in good order when presented for sale and that I was financially responsible (his phrase, not mine!), I also had a refernece from the UK landlord supporting my suitability as a tenant. A friend who had looked after my dog often whilst I visited my Aussie family and other times i.e. a day , a week or a month, also wrote a reference saying that he was house trained, clean, well trained, not destructive/aggressive etc. - in other words the perfect dog! These all seemd to have the right effect - i.e. providing I could pay the rent I was a good risk. I also offered to pay 6 months rent at a time - that really helped!

In addition - I made contact with a local agent on the last visit before the one way trip and kept in touch with her, phoning about a month before my departure from UK to let her know when I was arriving. So when I arrived she was expecting me, and within 24 hours of arrival she had lined up a viewing of several properties. The one I chose was the first one viewed and she turned down 2 other applicants in my favour. The system here is slightly different as you have to fill in an application form, and 'apply' to rent the property. It is a 'lottery' as to who gets it - so rather like a job interview - I was recommended to provide as much positive information as possible; it worked!

Hope this helps!!!
Jean

Hi Jean, so good for us to hear whats happens when you get your visa and actually make the move. We are so focused on getting the visa we haven't given that much thought to beyond. FI my daughter has two dogs and rents. Sometimes they tell me it is better to find a private landlord thro advertisements in local paper than renting thro an agent.
Old May 21st 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Chris and Rob - wonderful news.

suefb
Old May 21st 2010, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

austibeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Chris and Rob, hopefully we will be just a few days away from our very own red star. There is still so much to do before we can actually get our house on the market and finally make the move down under. It will be good to get the visa process behind us and we can start looking forward to our new life down under.

Eric.
Old May 21st 2010, 1:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Part 4 has just been opened here. This one is a bit 'clunky' now.

Thread closed.