Step Children?

Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice
Default Step Children?

I have looked through several past threads, ref; 'step children'?
I am the main applicant, both my married 'children', partners,and grandchildren, all live in Aus. (one family for 12yrs. the other, just over 2yrs.); My husband of 14yrs. has two 'children', ages 28 and 27. He hasn't had any contact, for years! Will there be any need for a CO, or Immi, to contact them, at all, before we are hopefully, granted our visa? Regards Lin

Last edited by home alone; Sep 28th 2008 at 8:10 am. Reason: couldn't add up!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Step Children?

Generally, no.

Unless you are applying for remaining relative or contributory parent - then there might be a problem. But two children in Australia out of a total of four still meets the balance of family test.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Generally, no.

Unless you are applying for remaining relative or contributory parent - then there might be a problem. But two children in Australia out of a total of four still meets the balance of family test.
Thanks JAJ for the fast reply! We are applying for cpv 143?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by home alone
Thanks JAJ for the fast reply! We are applying for cpv 143?
I don't see any particular problem if there are two children in Australia out of a total of four.
Provided your children in Australia are Australian citizens or permanent residents (temporary residence probably won't do).
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
I don't see any particular problem if there are two children in Australia out of a total of four.
Provided your children in Australia are Australian citizens or permanent residents (temporary residence probably won't do).
Thanks again! It's not the family in Aus, I'm worried about, but the ones in the UK. I have read about some, being asked for blood tests, medicals, and even solicitor letters, but generally the information has referred to younger children, does/will this also apply to adult children? Regards Lin
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:49 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by home alone
Thanks again! It's not the family in Aus, I'm worried about, but the ones in the UK. I have read about some, being asked for blood tests, medicals, and even solicitor letters, but generally the information has referred to younger children, does/will this also apply to adult children? Regards Lin
There is a rule that any child under 18 is automatically deemed "dependent". This does not apply to older children.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is a rule that any child under 18 is automatically deemed "dependent". This does not apply to older children.
Sorry to barge in on this thread, but does that mean that my 17yr old daughter, who doesn't live with us, is engaged to be married and has a child of her own is still seen as a dependant??
My OH is the main applicant but not her biological father.
Does she need to have a medical and be included as a non-migrating dependant?
I'm pretty sure she doesn't, but i've been wondering about this, though i remember that when we applied, it said something about the fact that as she's engaged that she's no longer a dependant??

Oh i don't know.....the more i try and think and understand everything involved in this Visa lark, the more i start to get all fuddled...
I know i've done what is right, am just now doubting it and think i need reassurance..... please....
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
Many thanks JAJ, it was one of those questions, you think of, then wait for it to come alone, on another thread, and when it doesn't, you need to ask, to clear the air, it's all this hanging around, waiting, your mind centres on certain subjects/things, that you think are going to prevent your dream coming true. My OH calls it, early onset of dementia. (He doesn't actually say the word early, I added that myself! oh! and please don't tell immi.) Kind Regards Lin
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by memewest
Sorry to barge in on this thread, but does that mean that my 17yr old daughter, who doesn't live with us, is engaged to be married and has a child of her own is still seen as a dependant??
My OH is the main applicant but not her biological father.
Does she need to have a medical and be included as a non-migrating dependant?
I'm pretty sure she doesn't, but i've been wondering about this, though i remember that when we applied, it said something about the fact that as she's engaged that she's no longer a dependant??

Oh i don't know.....the more i try and think and understand everything involved in this Visa lark, the more i start to get all fuddled...
I know i've done what is right, am just now doubting it and think i need reassurance..... please....
Hi! memewest, When is your daughter 18? Is she thinking of getting married, before you 'leave', or like my sons in-laws, get married in Aus. in a lovely location? Why? does the mind 'blow up everything' when your on the edge of your seat, waiting, waiting, waiting .............. I'm sure you don't have a problem. We are worried about real things, and dealing the important bits, and all my OH is worried about, is leaving behind his tortoise, G T, mind you, he had him as a prezi, when he was 14yrs. (OH was 14yrs. G T was a baby!) Good Luck Lin