Partner Visa Query - Need help

Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

holy-devil is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Partner Visa Query - Need help

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum but have been following it closely. First of all, I would like to thank all the contributors for sharing their experiences and helping new comers like me :-) feel confident that its not that difficult!

I am from India and need some advise on my visa application.

Here's some background: My fiance (Indian) got his Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176) visa on April 18, 2008 and he moved to Aus on Aug 8, 2008. We met in March 2008, while we were working together in the same organization. We got engaged on May 4 and intend to get married on Dec 3, 2008. He is currently in Australia looking for a job and I want to join him as soon as possible after our marriage.

I have a lot of queries:

1) Should I apply for Prospective Marriage Visa or Spouse Visa (under the Intend to marry in near future condition)?

2) Considering that we have not lived together, I dont have any proofs like joint liabilities, sharing of bills etc. But, I understand from these posts that you can instead submit joint statements regarding the financial aspects, nature of household and nature of our commitment. If this is acceptable, would one of you be willing to share samples of such letters (without personal info ofcourse)...I'll really appreciate the help

3) I am planning to submit the following documents as Evidence of Relationship, please advise if these will suffice:

a) Letter each from me & my fiance on the History of our relationship
b) Photographs of our family get-togethers and both of us
c) I had once paid for a training program for him, so I will be enclosing a copy of my account statement & email confirming that I had paid for him
d) Itemized Phone bills
e) Online Order Invoice of a gift that I'd sent him to Oz
f) Joint Statements on how we intend to share finances and household
g) Statutory declarations from my and my fiance's parents
h) Form 888 from my fiance's brother who is in Melbourne, he has not met me but we have exchanged emails and phone calls, and from my fiance's friend from Sydney, who again hasn't met me in person

4) Would Stat Declarations (Form 888) from my fiance's brother & friend suffice, considering that they haven't met me?

I am sorry for such a long list of questions...Looking forward to your advise

Regards, Sakshee
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa Query - Need help

Originally Posted by holy-devil
Hi Friends, I am new to this forum but have been following it closely. First of all, I would like to thank all the contributors for sharing their experiences and helping new comers like me :-) feel confident that its not that difficult!

I am from India and need some advise on my visa application.

Here's some background: My fiance (Indian) got his Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176) visa on April 18, 2008 and he moved to Aus on Aug 8, 2008. We met in March 2008, while we were working together in the same organization. We got engaged on May 4 and intend to get married on Dec 3, 2008. He is currently in Australia looking for a job and I want to join him as soon as possible after our marriage.

I have a lot of queries:

1) Should I apply for Prospective Marriage Visa or Spouse Visa (under the Intend to marry in near future condition)?

2) Considering that we have not lived together, I dont have any proofs like joint liabilities, sharing of bills etc. But, I understand from these posts that you can instead submit joint statements regarding the financial aspects, nature of household and nature of our commitment. If this is acceptable, would one of you be willing to share samples of such letters (without personal info ofcourse)...I'll really appreciate the help

3) I am planning to submit the following documents as Evidence of Relationship, please advise if these will suffice:

a) Letter each from me & my fiance on the History of our relationship
b) Photographs of our family get-togethers and both of us
c) I had once paid for a training program for him, so I will be enclosing a copy of my account statement & email confirming that I had paid for him
d) Itemized Phone bills
e) Online Order Invoice of a gift that I'd sent him to Oz
f) Joint Statements on how we intend to share finances and household
g) Statutory declarations from my and my fiance's parents
h) Form 888 from my fiance's brother who is in Melbourne, he has not met me but we have exchanged emails and phone calls, and from my fiance's friend from Sydney, who again hasn't met me in person

4) Would Stat Declarations (Form 888) from my fiance's brother & friend suffice, considering that they haven't met me?

I am sorry for such a long list of questions...Looking forward to your advise

Regards, Sakshee
Hi Sakshee

The first and best advice: read the Partner Migration Booklet 1127, available to download on the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship website. It fully addresses all your questions.

Good luck
Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Partner Visa Query - Need help

Hi Sakshee,

It might take a long time - my brother (Australian) married an Indian girl in New Delhi, and it took over 12 months for her visa to be approved. They had been in a similar situation - getting engaged shortly after meeting, and marrying within a short time after that. My advice would be not to count on being able to emigrate in a short space of time.

However, the idea of giving them as much information as possible is a good one - maybe some more Form 888s from people who know you both would be good - perhaps former work colleagues?