A silly visa question....!

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:45 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default A silly visa question....!

A silly question - we have the visa labels in our passports (woo hoo!) just wondering what happens when we touch down in Aus to validate.....

Do they just stamp the passports as they normally do saying "arrived australia"? do they juststamp it like this but with the stamp on our visa label? Or is there a special "welocme to Australia - you permanent resident!!!"??

As you can tell we're getting excited about our validate trip to MEL (three days only in October!)

Thanks!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

cherni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A silly visa question....!

Well, I think they should stamp it like a normal "Entry" to the country and not over the VISA sticker. What's worring you?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:58 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may be a little disappointed with the welcome - if you're lucky you'll get a 'Welcome to Australia' from the immigration agent - otherwise nothing!

You will get the 'normal' entry stamp on a blank part of your passport - the visa sticker remains unstamped. It will only ever be marked/stamped if it is cancelled (like when you change visa class for example) so unlikely to happen to you.

Have fun!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to wait for citizenship to get the bells and whistles (or even a basic 'congrats').
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:20 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tking
I think you may be a little disappointed with the welcome - if you're lucky you'll get a 'Welcome to Australia' from the immigration agent - otherwise nothing!
Ah, and they're such a friendly nation most of the time

A followup question; really minor, but I thought of it this morning on the way to work (the M56 can be such a boring drive). When we arrive, PR visa stamps all ready for validation, are there separate queues for Australian Citizens/Permanent Residents and Others, and if so, are we Permanent Residents before we actually enter Oz? In other words... which queue?

Like I said, a really minor point

Cheers
b
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
.. are there separate queues for Australian Citizens/Permanent Residents and Others, and if so, are we Permanent Residents before we actually enter Oz? In other words... which queue?
Same as most countries, there are seperate queues for Australian Passport holders and Others.

As you won't have an Australian passport, you'll be with the Others.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:53 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NickyC
Same as most countries, there are seperate queues for Australian Passport holders and Others.

As you won't have an Australian passport, you'll be with the Others.
Others we are, then I know in the US they have lines for permanent resident (or "resident aliens" as they amusingly call them), so just wondered how they did it in Oz. Of course, if I'd thought about this last time I was there, I'd have made a note...

Cheers
b
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:28 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cherni
Well, I think they should stamp it like a normal "Entry" to the country and not over the VISA sticker. What's worring you?
nothing worrying - just excited....!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:43 pm
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Good Luck with your validation trip. Been here 18mths now and having a great time. Nothing different to arriving in any other country same queues, a stamp, a welcome to Australia if you are lucky and off you go to Start your new life. A bit scary especially with two young kids, no home, no car,no jobs. But hey , well worth it. Stay positive and remind yourself why you are doing this.................... Very good luck and no question is a silly one when you are embarking on such a massive change in your life.

anne
Old Sep 24th 2008, 3:48 pm
Top Dog

Originally Posted by AVW
Good Luck with your validation trip. Been here 18mths now and having a great time. Nothing different to arriving in any other country same queues, a stamp, a welcome to Australia if you are lucky and off you go to Start your new life. A bit scary especially with two young kids, no home, no car,no jobs. But hey , well worth it. Stay positive and remind yourself why you are doing this.................... Very good luck and no question is a silly one when you are embarking on such a massive change in your life.

anne
Thanks! ours is more simple - no kids!!! BUt still no job, no car, no home..and four cats (who will all be coming)...

Not a single bit scared even though I'll be giving up beautiful home great highly paid job which I won't be able to get in AUs (will have to go back to the "shopfloor"....

Just excited!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:12 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benlast
Ah, and they're such a friendly nation most of the time

A followup question; really minor, but I thought of it this morning on the way to work (the M56 can be such a boring drive). When we arrive, PR visa stamps all ready for validation, are there separate queues for Australian Citizens/Permanent Residents and Others, and if so, are we Permanent Residents before we actually enter Oz? In other words... which queue?

Like I said, a really minor point

Cheers
b
A very good point, hadn't thought of it myself, but you can guarantee if you'd not mentioned it i'd have queued up in the wrong one

Originally Posted by sniffydog
nothing worrying - just excited....!
I'm getting that way to
Old Sep 28th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Talking Re: A silly visa question....!

indeed it is silly question. what is the brob if it is on the VISA sticker....

just get your self there
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peaceboy
indeed it is silly question. what is the brob if it is on the VISA sticker....

just get your self there
In the maze that is migration there are no silly questions.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniffydog
A silly question - we have the visa labels in our passports (woo hoo!) just wondering what happens when we touch down in Aus to validate.....

Do they just stamp the passports as they normally do saying "arrived australia"? do they juststamp it like this but with the stamp on our visa label? Or is there a special "welocme to Australia - you permanent resident!!!"??

As you can tell we're getting excited about our validate trip to MEL (three days only in October!)

Thanks!
Like the other posters have said, you just go through the channel for non-Australian passport holders. and the agent stamps the entry date in your passport.

I was actually very nervous about what would happen because when I came on holiday a few months before I immigrated, the immigration agent on the desk gave me the 3rd degree about where I was staying, for how long, who I was staying with etc (obviously I look suspicious!).

So on the big arrival day itself, I didn't know what to expect and when they guy just stamped the passport, returned it to me and smiled 'okay', I actually pointed out to him that I was immigrating as a permanent resident, did I need to do anything else etc. He said everything was fine, so I sheepishly explained that I just didn't want to be pulled by another official in another queue about not following correct procedure. God it's embarrasing now when I think about it!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:11 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You lot must be commoners cause i got a big 'welcome to oz Bernie,what the **** kept ya mate'and that was from Mr Rudd himself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.