Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Statutory declaration - is this enough info?

Statutory declaration - is this enough info?

Old May 14th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

bainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant future
Default Statutory declaration - is this enough info?

Managed to get reference letters from all my employers but all bar one is just the basic HR style saying aye he worked here so I know I need to send in a statutory declaration for each one. I just wondered if this was enough info to include or if I need to expand on it some more?

Do solemnly swear that:
1 I worked for Company A from June 2001 to September 2001 as a Website Administrator
2 I was contracted by the recruitment agency, Agency A, at a rate of £7 per hour
3 The role was a full time position
4 The main duties of the position were to:
5 Design and develop a company extranet website for use by Company A employees
6 Gather information and content from the different departments and convert the paper documentation into electronic versions for inclusion on the extranet
7 I was responsible for all aspects of the extranet development from initial specification of the system through to providing support to the end users
8 The graphical elements of the extranet were designed using Abode Photoshop 6.0
9 The back end code was written using HTML
10 I have written this statutory declaration as the recruitment agency do not have records of the job role
11 I have provided written evidence from the recruitment agency confirming the dates I worked for Company A

I suspect it needs more info but I don't want to fill it with waffle! Any comments on how it can be improved?

Thanks
Old May 14th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of
Default Re: Statutory declaration - is this enough info?

[QUOTE=bainser;6348140]Managed to get reference letters from all my employers but all bar one is just the basic HR style saying aye he worked here so I know I need to send in a statutory declaration for each one. I just wondered if this was enough info to include or if I need to expand on it some more?

Hi Bainser,

I would add in the hours per week you worked just be more specific than just full-time, you only need to list the 5 main duties (I believe).

Good Luck.

Claire x
Old May 14th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

bainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant future

Thanks for the reply Claire I will add the hours in. I might beef up the roles bit some more as I don't think there is enough there so I'll just spend some more time on it.

Cheers.
Old May 16th 2008, 5:04 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bainser
Managed to get reference letters from all my employers but all bar one is just the basic HR style saying aye he worked here so I know I need to send in a statutory declaration for each one. I just wondered if this was enough info to include or if I need to expand on it some more?

Do solemnly swear that:
1 I worked for Company A from June 2001 to September 2001 as a Website Administrator
2 I was contracted by the recruitment agency, Agency A, at a rate of £7 per hour
3 The role was a full time position
4 The main duties of the position were to:
5 Design and develop a company extranet website for use by Company A employees
6 Gather information and content from the different departments and convert the paper documentation into electronic versions for inclusion on the extranet
7 I was responsible for all aspects of the extranet development from initial specification of the system through to providing support to the end users
8 The graphical elements of the extranet were designed using Abode Photoshop 6.0
9 The back end code was written using HTML
10 I have written this statutory declaration as the recruitment agency do not have records of the job role
11 I have provided written evidence from the recruitment agency confirming the dates I worked for Company A

I suspect it needs more info but I don't want to fill it with waffle! Any comments on how it can be improved?

Thanks
Hi, are you getting a solicitor to do this for you?? If so the info you have provided should be sufficient and they can do all the re-wording etc to make it 'legal' and comprehensible etc... Good Luck!
Old May 16th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply, I was just going to get the local JP to counter sign the declaration. Do you think it needs to have fancy legal terminology to make it acceptable?
Old May 16th 2008, 8:41 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bainser
Thanks for the reply, I was just going to get the local JP to counter sign the declaration. Do you think it needs to have fancy legal terminology to make it acceptable?
No, I dont think so - as long as you are articulate enough so that someone who knows nothing about you can read it and understand it clearly then I reckon you'll be grand - we just used a solicitor for security really as we did have a pretty tricky case, so wanted to be crystal clear. But a list as you have above is straightforward enough - hey, I get what your saying so thats a start right? I think you'll be fine, at the end of the day you're not fighting a legal battle - you are making a declaration and as long as you are clear enough so that they dont need to come back with further questioning then I think you'll be laughing. One point to make though - just reference your points i.e. see Appendix A and attach payslips etc to prove the points that you have documentation to support... anything that makes a CO's life easier and will move the application on quicker should help!!! Good luck mate
Old May 17th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again for you reply. I was going to have a root about my stuff to see if i still have a contract/payslips etc from that job, and other ones. I do have letters from all my employers at least confirming I worked for them and what my job title was. I guess you're right though, as much info as I can give them the better.