Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

State Sponsorship Work Requirements....and?

State Sponsorship Work Requirements....and?

Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

kittybee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State Sponsorship Work Requirements....and?

Originally Posted by newjersey
There is a thread about whole of Perth being reclassed as regional, so if there is any truth to it, you wont have anything to worry about.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725428
yes, ive heard that peter collier wants perth to be reclassified as regional along with darwin and adelaide...but the federal government isnt being very cooperative so far. perth is running pretty short of certain occupations and being regional would make things a lot easier for the city as the mines drain a lot of the labour outwards. perth will soon be on a hospitality skeleton staff of sorts.
only today i got an email from diac directing me to a website which lists cookery jobs, and told me that with the industry in the state its in im in hot demand! lol....i felt like replying and telling them im already plugging a hole in the workforce but sadly am considering leaving back to the uk where i at least have my civil rights (im on a bridging visa and even a visit to my elderly mother is subject to permission and payment)....
sorry. beginning to rant there; anyway the perth being reclassified situation is something im keeping a beady eye on! thanks for the link.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

kittybee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State Sponsorship Work Requirements....and?

Originally Posted by kittybee
yes, ive heard that peter collier wants perth to be reclassified as regional along with darwin and adelaide...but the federal government isnt being very cooperative so far. perth is running pretty short of certain occupations and being regional would make things a lot easier for the city as the mines drain a lot of the labour outwards. perth will soon be on a hospitality skeleton staff of sorts.
only today i got an email from diac directing me to a website which lists cookery jobs, and told me that with the industry in the state its in im in hot demand! lol....i felt like replying and telling them im already plugging a hole in the workforce but sadly am considering leaving back to the uk where i at least have my civil rights (im on a bridging visa and even a visit to my elderly mother is subject to permission and payment)....
sorry. beginning to rant there; anyway the perth being reclassified situation is something im keeping a beady eye on! thanks for the link.
whoa! that article makes it sound as if the fed govt are coming around to it! this is excellent news for both my employer and i if its true.