State Sponsorship Question

Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:06 am
ddb
Forum Regular

ddb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Sponsorship Question

Hi,

I was filling up Victorian State Sponsorship application form when I found the following question:

Q 8: Please estimate what financial resources ($AUD) you will bring with you if your application is successful?

Now my question is:

1. If I say that I will be bringing $25000, will this amount be mentioned somewhere on the sponsorship approval letter?

2. Do I have to show $25000 when I arrive in Australia?

Pls advise.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Sponsorship Question

Originally Posted by ddb
Hi,

I was filling up Victorian State Sponsorship application form when I found the following question:

Q 8: Please estimate what financial resources ($AUD) you will bring with you if your application is successful?

Now my question is:

1. If I say that I will be bringing $25000, will this amount be mentioned somewhere on the sponsorship approval letter?

2. Do I have to show $25000 when I arrive in Australia?

Pls advise.

Will probably be part of the undertaking you sign - i.e. that you will live in Victoria for first 2 years and transfer that amount of money to Australia.

You never have to show you have brought it but put down a figure that you would have, if you sold absolutely everything and paid off your debts.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:41 am
ddb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshtony
Will probably be part of the undertaking you sign - i.e. that you will live in Victoria for first 2 years and transfer that amount of money to Australia.

You never have to show you have brought it but put down a figure that you would have, if you sold absolutely everything and paid off your debts.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Thanks Tony.

The Terms and Conditions have the 2 year thing listed but there is no mention about the money to be transferred to Australia.

Still clueless on the money aspect
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddb
Thanks Tony.

The Terms and Conditions have the 2 year thing listed but there is no mention about the money to be transferred to Australia.

Still clueless on the money aspect
even better then - definitely no need to prove assets on arrival nor any other time in the future.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

helsch is an unknown quantity at this point

They just want to make sure you know what you are doing. They don't want people turning up in victoria without a penny thinking they'll find a job the next day. I got sponsorship last month and they didn't ask me to prove that I had the money
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:44 pm
ddb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helsch
They just want to make sure you know what you are doing. They don't want people turning up in victoria without a penny thinking they'll find a job the next day. I got sponsorship last month and they didn't ask me to prove that I had the money

Thanks Tony and helsch for your replies.
This was helpful.

Regards
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I know in the past that SA have turned people down because they didn't meet the settlement amounts required. They can ask for bank statements (dated same day) and valuations of other assets.

If it is an actual requirement of the visa you are replying for they will most likely require evidence as for everything else!