Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

Old May 14th 2013, 5:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013 threads

Fact - It is a moral obligation for the 190

Fact - It is not a legal obligation

Fact - BE rules ask that people do not get personal, but keep their comments objective.
Old May 14th 2013, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gossage
You know nothing about me or my morals. .
Yeah, we kinda do
Old May 14th 2013, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Yeah, we kinda do
"We"? speak for yourself!
Old May 14th 2013, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Fact - BE rules ask that people do not get personal, but keep their comments objective.
...will this apply to everyone or just for some?
Old May 14th 2013, 11:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parlex
...will this apply to everyone or just for some?
Of course the rules of the site apply to everyone. Its possible to discuss a topic without insulting other posters. Also if I was aiming that at only one psoter I would have quoted the poster to make sure they were aware.

=======================================
I've said that I don't agree with "state-jumping" and if I had a SS visa I would do my best to find work in that State. If impossible I would discuss it with DIAC before moving. That's my personal opinion and I know not everyone agrees with it, for their own reasons. I'm happy to read those reasons, and I do sympathise with posters who cannot find work and end up moving, though I see no excuse for moving without discussing the issue with DIAC/the sponsors. Likewise I see no excuse for deciding to move before one has even got the visa and tried living in a State - that takes a SS visa from someone who would commit to the State. That's my opinion, but I don't believe I have the right to call anyone names because they act in a different way.

Now lets keep it polite, please. I'm on holiday, I have better things to do than referee playground battles.
Old May 16th 2013, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

State jumping without permission probably affects the occupation ceilings too. If you have accepted a state sponsored place but go somewhere else surely the stats are all skewed. That must also contribute to the problem that some states think there is no shortage of a specific occupation when there actually is cos bright sparks have decided to move to another State and not take up their given slot.

Hmm, hope that makes sense. I know what I was trying to say anyway lol xx
Old May 16th 2013, 10:27 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
State jumping without permission probably affects the occupation ceilings too. If you have accepted a state sponsored place but go somewhere else surely the stats are all skewed. That must also contribute to the problem that some states think there is no shortage of a specific occupation when there actually is cos bright sparks have decided to move to another State and not take up their given slot.

Hmm, hope that makes sense. I know what I was trying to say anyway lol xx
Yep, makes sense to me and you are right. If a State has 2000 places for IT workers, then applicant 2001 misses out - which is a bit unfair when he is the one with family in the State and planning to settle there, yet applicants number 1500-2000 have all arrived and gone to completely different States. Also means the State has wasted money sponsoring them only to be left with a shortfall of 500 in the IT field.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

SAVRAJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qld state sponsorship

Hi
I would like to know if any one has got released from state sponsorship 2 yr commitment to live in the state particularly qld. pls share your experiences.

Thanks
Brizi
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Default Re: Qld state sponsorship

Originally Posted by SAVRAJ
Hi
I would like to know if any one has got released from state sponsorship 2 yr commitment to live in the state particularly qld. pls share your experiences.

Thanks
Brizi
Are you asking whether is it possible to live in a different state than the actual state which sponsored you, before exceeding the 2 year commitment period?

Cheers,
PB
Old Nov 15th 2013, 6:17 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: Qld state sponsorship

Hi

Thanks
Brizi
Threads merged

Its a moral obligation not a legal one
Old Nov 15th 2013, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

SAVRAJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes before exceeding the 2 yr commitment.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Yes before exceeding the 2 yr commitment.
Pollyana has answered your question above.

190 subclass is a permanent visa and you can live and work anywhere in Australia with that as long as you don't violate the visa conditions.

2 year commitment is not mandatory if you do not wish to live in the state anymore, you can always write to the state and request to relieve you & your family.

Cheers,
PB
Old Nov 15th 2013, 10:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts on this are I don't understand why 190s are available. The commitment appears to only be relevant in the application stage, once granted there doesn't seem to be any impediment to 190 holders not even setting foot in the sponsoring State. There has to be a better way for States to gain and retain the skilled people they need, a way that legally eliminates the possibility of people welching on their commitment without an approved and specified reason. I hope that way is found - and quickly.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My thoughts on this are I don't understand why 190s are available. The commitment appears to only be relevant in the application stage, once granted there doesn't seem to be any impediment to 190 holders not even setting foot in the sponsoring State. There has to be a better way for States to gain and retain the skilled people they need, a way that legally eliminates the possibility of people welching on their commitment without an approved and specified reason. I hope that way is found - and quickly.
well said spouse of scouse. Given these circumstances it doesn't make any sense for the states to sponsor people, does it?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 7:00 am
Just Joined

killerbee82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Herbert

Did you get a reply from immigration south Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.