Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

lady jane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

Hi
I feel bad but what happens if a state has sponsored you but you get a job in another state ,will they release you and would that have an effect on getting citizen ship
Thanks lady jane
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: regarding job outside your sponcored state

No it wouldn't affect you. However if you feel bad, then the situation is easily avoided. Don't look for jobs in other states. Typically the person finds the job not the other way around.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

kkasunperera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 190Visa and Postgraduate studies scholership

I'm having 55 points in point test, Software Engineer with 2yrs experience (Age-30points, English-10points(IELTS-7) Degree-15points). So i'm planing to get a state sponsorship which will give me another 10 points. At the same time I'm planing to apply for post graduate scholarship in Australia(After getting the PR, then as a local student).

If I get a sponsorship from one state say from New South Wales under 190visa and but get a post graduate scholarship from Victoria, will this be a problem engage in studies? (i.e. go to a another state for study before the first two years?)

Last edited by kkasunperera; Jan 3rd 2013 at 3:40 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

lady jane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am the main applicant but my husband can get a job in another state.
thanks lady jane
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:46 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190Visa and Postgraduate studies scholership

Originally Posted by kkasunperera
I'm having 55 points in point test, Software Engineer with 2yrs experience (Age-30points, English-10points(IELTS-7) Degree-15points). So i'm planing to get a state sponsorship which will give me another 10 points. At the same time I'm planing to apply for post graduate scholarship in Australia(After getting the PR, then as a local student).

If I get a sponsorship from one state say from New South Wales under 190visa and but get a post graduate scholarship from Victoria, will this be a problem engage in studies? (i.e. go to a another state for study before the first two years?)
State sponsorship for a 190 is only worth 5 points. It is worth 10 points for 489.

As to your other question, you'd probably be better off speaking to an agent, the 190 is for people who will be going to commit to living AND working in a state for 2 years, moving interstate to study will most likely require a new visa class.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:50 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lady jane
Hi
I feel bad but what happens if a state has sponsored you but you get a job in another state ,will they release you and would that have an effect on getting citizen ship
Thanks lady jane
You seriously intend to jump sponsorship already? If I recall correctly, you only switched to a 176 a few months ago from a 175. Surely you'd have checked the requirements beforehand, or did you just decide to take a state place from someone who actually wanted to live & work in that state, just to speed things up?

(Oh, and the search function is useful. If you search for this subject, it's been covered many, many times & you would have gotten the answer - and the vibe of how this subject usually goes down on here).

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Jan 3rd 2013 at 4:58 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lady jane
Hi I am the main applicant but my husband can get a job in another state.
thanks lady jane
As above.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:56 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with people wanting to state jump today?

So you're intending to take a state place from someone who actually wants to work & live in that state, but have no intention of fulfilling your obligations?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

kkasunperera is an unknown quantity at this point

So you're intending to take a state place from someone who actually wants to work & live in that state, but have no intention of fulfilling your obligations?
As to the obligations in Skillselect under 190 visa it says
stay in that state or territory that nominated you for at least two years
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills.../subclass-190/

It doesn't specifically say you should stay for the first two years ?
so will it be possible to stay around 3 year some other state while you study and late come back to sponsored state later?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:13 am

As to the obligations in Skillselect under 190 visa it says
stay in that state or territory that nominated you for at least two years
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills.../subclass-190/

It doesn't specifically say you should stay for the first two years ?
so will it be possible to stay around 3 year some other state while you study and late come back to sponsored state later?
If you'd used the search function, you'd have seen that that question has been answered before.

If you'd also bothered to read the information from the state you intend to obtain sponsorship from, they are very clear.

Commitment to NSW
If you are nominated by the NSW Government under the Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa you are obliged to commit to live and work or study in NSW for the first two years of your time in Australia.
Which is a very good way of trying to stop people from saying they'll come back to fulfil their obligations later, but end up permanently sodding off to another state.

That should answer your question.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Jan 3rd 2013 at 6:20 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:38 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
What is it with people wanting to state jump today?

Not to mention adding more paperwork to the queue and delaying other applicants waiting and wanting to be processed!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:35 am
Just Joined

bluesteele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of living in sponsored state

Hi all,
We queried with our agent as to the legalities of not living in the state which has sponsored you. We applied for SS in April and it still hasn't come through and we're wondering whether VIC is still the state for us. To be honest, it was the only state accepting our skills which is the only reason we went for it.
This was their response "under PIC 4020 (false declarations) DIAC could cancel your visa- so you need to be aware of that potential outcome."

Has anybody heard of this happening? We haven't yet received the visa so we haven't been given any guidelines or regulations from the state so we don't know what the upcoming procedure will be. How do you go about proving that you are indeed in your sponsored state? How do they follow this up and can it come back to bite you in the behind later?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of living in sponsored state

Originally Posted by bluesteele
Hi all,
We queried with our agent as to the legalities of not living in the state which has sponsored you. We applied for SS in April and it still hasn't come through and we're wondering whether VIC is still the state for us. To be honest, it was the only state accepting our skills which is the only reason we went for it.
This was their response "under PIC 4020 (false declarations) DIAC could cancel your visa- so you need to be aware of that potential outcome."

Has anybody heard of this happening? We haven't yet received the visa so we haven't been given any guidelines or regulations from the state so we don't know what the upcoming procedure will be. How do you go about proving that you are indeed in your sponsored state? How do they follow this up and can it come back to bite you in the behind later?
You have a moral obligation to live and work in Victoria for the first two years in Australia. They can contact you, ask for proof of your address and where you are working. If you really cannot find work in the State you can ask to be released from the obligation, and they may well agree. However the whole point of State Sponsorship is that there are people who really want to live there and if you already know you don't want to.........

The question gets asked on here with almost tedious regularity - we have had it today at least three times - though no-one has yet reported a visa cancellation because of leaving the State. That's not to say it doesn't happen though.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013 threads

Threads merged. Seems to be an epidemic so lets keep the answers together to save time!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013 threads

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Threads merged. Seems to be an epidemic so lets keep the answers together to save time!

My friend's Husband got 176 for SA last year.

But after reaching at AUS they start to live and work at NSW.

Several times I requested her to check back this issue with SA authority but she is not going to listen.

She told me that nowhere in the documents and visa it is mentioned to must live at SA + who is going to check. .

But I am afraid may be after 5 years later they will be in trouble during applying for citizenship. . . .

Becasue, what i realized it is a moral obligation and it is a cheating with that state who sponsored you. . .

But how can I make my friend to understand that. . . .So I gave up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.