Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

Old May 10th 2013, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 190 obligations

you actually have no legal obligation to live in the sponsoring state at all. The 190 visa is a permanent visa that allows you to live anywhere in Australia. But you do have a moral obligation to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years.

So you do have a choice.
Old May 10th 2013, 9:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013 threads

Threads merged
Old May 11th 2013, 5:40 am
Just Joined

chrishg is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 475 WA sponsored visa but have been unable to find a job in the regional area. I know that it is possible to change state sponsorship from what I've read here but what if I decided to change from WA state sponsor to a relative sponsor, is that possible? It would certainly help if I'm able to look for work in the metro area. Appreciation in advanced for any answers.

Edit: Forgot to add that I'll still be staying in WA, not changing state as some of us have been looking to do.

Last edited by chrishg; May 11th 2013 at 5:43 am.
Old May 11th 2013, 9:27 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrishg
I have a 475 WA sponsored visa but have been unable to find a job in the regional area. I know that it is possible to change state sponsorship from what I've read here but what if I decided to change from WA state sponsor to a relative sponsor, is that possible? It would certainly help if I'm able to look for work in the metro area. Appreciation in advanced for any answers.

Edit: Forgot to add that I'll still be staying in WA, not changing state as some of us have been looking to do.
Most of the thread is about changing State on a State Sponsored 190/176. A 475 is more tricky, you need to speak to DIAC before you go any further; there have been cases of people being refused PR for breaking the regional clause in the 475.
Old May 11th 2013, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrishg

No you cannot change your sponsor once the visa is granted. Well only be lodging a new application.

You cannot work or live in a metro area on this visa, this is a breach of the visa terms. It is very, very different to moving to another states whilst on a 176 / 190.
Old May 12th 2013, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

Pls this thread is goin on for ever. One last time if you are sponsored by state it's moral obligation. Not legal. So try to do it. If you can't just don't bother running around like headless chicken and i personally know more than dozen people who never set foot in the state which sponsored them and got citizenship and bla bla. Don't link this with citizenship RRV and other stuff. I think the thread should be closed with this.
Old May 12th 2013, 4:23 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
Pls this thread is goin on for ever. One last time if you are sponsored by state it's moral obligation. Not legal. So try to do it. If you can't just don't bother running around like headless chicken and i personally know more than dozen people who never set foot in the state which sponsored them and got citizenship and bla bla. Don't link this with citizenship RRV and other stuff. I think the thread should be closed with this.
The thread will NOT be closed. It will continue to be open so that we can merge it with all the new threads asking the same question.
It is a moral obligation and if an applicant breaches that agreement they have taken a State Sponsorship place from someone else who really was committed to the State.
Old May 12th 2013, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point

My opinion is you have got to do what you have got to do to get in. And if that means getting sponsored by one state and living in another so be it. It is dog eat dog out there. Especially if there are children involved; I certainly wouldn't move them to Oz stay in one state for two years and then up root them again to move to our desired state. I would just go there in the first place. It isn't a perfect world and we have to do what is best for us and our families.
Old May 12th 2013, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
The most recent comment before yours was about the 475 provisional visa. It most definitely is NOT only a moral obligation to live in a regional area. It would be a breach of the visa conditions to do anything else and would result in loss of visa and possibly a ban. So not very helpful input here.
Old May 12th 2013, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

I honestly wish they would make the two years a legal obligation for the 190 as well. Other visas such as the Spouse Visa have obligations which must be met after arrival in Australia before the visa is confirmed as permanent, and personally I think that the 190 should be the same. I really feel for those people who cannot get State Sponsorship because someone else has snapped up the place, with no commitment to the State whatsoever.

From a mods point of view it gets very tedious listening to the same war of words again and again, as this must be the most frequently asked question in the Immigration forum. The resulting arguments are a pain to deal with and I frequently wish that DIAC would actually enforce the obligation, as they do with the 475, so people would understand what the visa is all about and stop squabbling over it.
Old May 12th 2013, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I honestly wish they would make the two years a legal obligation for the 190 as well. Other visas such as the Spouse Visa have obligations which must be met after arrival in Australia before the visa is confirmed as permanent, and personally I think that the 190 should be the same. I really feel for those people who cannot get State Sponsorship because someone else has snapped up the place, with no commitment to the State whatsoever.

From a mods point of view it gets very tedious listening to the same war of words again and again, as this must be the most frequently asked question in the Immigration forum. The resulting arguments are a pain to deal with and I frequently wish that DIAC would actually enforce the obligation, as they do with the 475, so people would understand what the visa is all about and stop squabbling over it.

Yes I do too Polly. It is also such a sad state of affairs that so many people think "morals" count for nothing these days.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

You have my agreement - I'm on a 176 state sponsored and would have no problems with it being a legal responsibility.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:21 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gossage
My opinion is you have got to do what you have got to do to get in. And if that means getting sponsored by one state and living in another so be it. It is dog eat dog out there. Especially if there are children involved; I certainly wouldn't move them to Oz stay in one state for two years and then up root them again to move to our desired state. I would just go there in the first place. It isn't a perfect world and we have to do what is best for us and our families.
It is exactly this sort of attitude which will eventually lead to state sponsorship being viewed as a rort.
Old May 13th 2013, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Bermudashorts. I think I am talking abt the state sponsorship. Not the 475 or rsms. Anyway the new rules have changed all lumped in 190 with bonus point
Old May 13th 2013, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

The point made by one other reader perfectly explain my point. As for us mod and others who hold the moral part. I think the data gathered by the state need to be improved.

For example aircraft engineers are demand in Victorian state list. But there is no job in that state but Western Australia don't have it in their list but companies are crying.

Now should you hold te moral thing or the in competent state or both

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.