Start a new life in aus

Old Feb 25th 2017, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Geustace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Start a new life in aus

I am a mechanical fitter in the engineering industry and want to move to Aus from UK.I am 40 years old and have 20years experience in this field.Can someone tell me where to start and will I stand a chance?How long does the process take and do I use an agent and if so can anypne recommend one and what sort off fees I am looking at.
Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2017, 12:44 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start a new life in aus

Originally Posted by Geustace
I am a mechanical fitter in the engineering industry and want to move to Aus from UK.I am 40 years old and have 20years experience in this field.Can someone tell me where to start and will I stand a chance?How long does the process take and do I use an agent and if so can anypne recommend one and what sort off fees I am looking at.
Thanks
First things are to check if your occupation is on either the SOL or CSOL (I'm pretty sure fitter is on the SOL but do check). The list also gives you a link to the assessing bodies to see if you can meet the requirements of a skills assessment. For a fitter this will link you to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA), but check the correct pathway as UK citizens / passport holders should be linked through to either Vetassess or another RTO.

If you can pass the skills assessment (don't do it yet, just check you can pass) move on to check if you can pass the points requirements for a visa. Occupations on the SOL can apply for 189 visa (independent PR) but if short of points can also try 190 visa (state sponsored PR) or 489 (regional sponsored temporary visa but with definitive path to PR).

If you need to try for either 190 or 489, you will then need to check state lists but Google is your friend for this. 8 states and territories are QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, SA, WA and NT.

That should keep you busy for a while