Help with my mum at 64 years old

Old Feb 25th 2017, 8:07 pm
ALG
Just Joined

ALG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with my mum at 64 years old

Hi all,

I need some advice after running in circles with different advice. I am in the process of applying for a 189 visa for WA and would love for my mum 64 years old, widow and me as only relative to come over to spend her remaining life with us and her granddaughter.

There is many visas which look like they could be an option, but not sure on which and medicare in relation to costs.

Basically i am trying to find a total cost of the visa, contributory options, medicare cost, timeframes and bond. The info i am finding seems to contradict agents email responses on the gov.au website.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy
Old Feb 25th 2017, 9:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with my mum at 64 years old

Originally Posted by ALG
Hi all,

I need some advice after running in circles with different advice. I am in the process of applying for a 189 visa for WA and would love for my mum 64 years old, widow and me as only relative to come over to spend her remaining life with us and her granddaughter.

There is many visas which look like they could be an option, but not sure on which and medicare in relation to costs.

Basically i am trying to find a total cost of the visa, contributory options, medicare cost, timeframes and bond. The info i am finding seems to contradict agents email responses on the gov.au website.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy
Options at present would be very limited as you don't have a visa yourself yet. You would need to be settled in Australia on a PR visa in order for your mother to utilise the Parent Visa options. Settled generally means a couple of years here.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Pare

I will let someone with more knowledge than me go into the finer details, but you will be looking a good way ahead.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

You need to be living in Australia for two years before you can sponsor a parent.

A contributory parent visa costs about $65,000 at present, but that will have risen by then and takes about 18 months to process.

Note, she would need to pass the medical.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 10:44 am
ALG
Just Joined

Originally Posted by verystormy
You need to be living in Australia for two years before you can sponsor a parent.

A contributory parent visa costs about $65,000 at present, but that will have risen by then and takes about 18 months to process.

Note, she would need to pass the medical.
Hi. Again a different figure than others I have been quoted. Where does this information come from? Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2017, 10:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALG
Hi. Again a different figure than others I have been quoted. Where does this information come from? Thanks
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/143-
Old Feb 26th 2017, 12:04 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALG
Parent visas involve a multitude of figures and fees, and deending on where you look you will see them written indifferent ways. Some sources will quote a total for the CPV fee and the bond together, some will quote separately. Then the Non-contrib Parent Visa and the Aged Parent Visa are different again.

Grayling's link to the DIBP website is the best one to use as it is the official site. However, by the time you are settled and able to sponsor your mother the fees (and maybe even the visa types available) will have changed.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 6:39 pm
ALG
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Parent visas involve a multitude of figures and fees, and deending on where you look you will see them written indifferent ways. Some sources will quote a total for the CPV fee and the bond together, some will quote separately. Then the Non-contrib Parent Visa and the Aged Parent Visa are different again.

Grayling's link to the DIBP website is the best one to use as it is the official site. However, by the time you are settled and able to sponsor your mother the fees (and maybe even the visa types available) will have changed.
Very good point and thanks for the info. Best to just take the plunge and see where we go. Still can get her over as a visitor I suppose until times are right.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 4:39 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ALG
Very good point and thanks for the info. Best to just take the plunge and see where we go. Still can get her over as a visitor I suppose until times are right.
Yep, thats probably the way to go. There's no guarantee that she would be able to move over and join you, so make the decision about the rest of the family moving and then you would all have to look into the logistics of her moving later. Remember even if the actual visas don't change, she still has to pass a medical in order to get PR, and that can get harder as one gets older.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, proceed on the assumption you are migrating without her and she is unlikely to follow. If you cannot reconcile that then think again.

The two year period is a good thing, many people do not settle so you need to be sure before parents spend a fortune to follow you.

Longer visit visas are an option for parents, in any case she may not want to migrate or may not be able to afford to.