Spouse Visas

Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about
Smile Spouse Visas

Hello Everyone

hoping to apply for a spouse visa soon to go to Australia. Does anyone know roughly how long these take to process, how much they cost and how long you have to enter Oz after approval?

Cheers

Sarah
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visas

Originally Posted by Stokesy
Hello Everyone

hoping to apply for a spouse visa soon to go to Australia. Does anyone know roughly how long these take to process, how much they cost and how long you have to enter Oz after approval?

Cheers

Sarah
They can be as quick as a week if they are straightforward, you normally have 12 months from the date of the police checks/medicals in which to enter (whichever is the earlier date), and the actual visa costs (at present) $1305 - will probably increase on July 1st.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:18 pm
Jameehan

> Hello Everyone
    > hoping to apply for a spouse visa soon to go to Australia. Does anyone
    > know roughly how long these take to process, how much they cost and
    > how
    > long you have to enter Oz after approval?
    > Cheers
    > Sarah
    > --

Hi Sarah,

Where are you appling from???? I am so hoping to find another US
Spousal Visa buddy to chat with....it seems that everyone is either in
the UK, or are seeking different type visas.

Thanks!
Juliet:D

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Spouse Visas

Hi Juliet

afraid I am UK too! You don't hear about many US citizens going to Oz, tho' guess there must be - that crazy crocodile man Steve Irwin married an American and she lives in Oz with him. Maybe you could give her a call! Seriously, are you having problems or is it fairly straightforward for US citizens? I would imagine the Aus government will extract large sums of cash from you as there are no reciprocal arrangements with the US are there or does that not matter where spousal visas are concerned?

Sarah
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. Crikey! That's a hefty wad isn't it! More than UK charged my husband. I can understand the fees are designed to put you off but you'd think they'd be a bit more lenient with spouses! better start saving!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokesy
Thanks for that. Crikey! That's a hefty wad isn't it! More than UK charged my husband. I can understand the fees are designed to put you off but you'd think they'd be a bit more lenient with spouses! better start saving!
Look on the bright side - much quicker and cheaper than trying to get SKills assessments and a skills visa.....
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:54 am
Jameehan

Stokesy Wrote:
    > Hi Juliet
    >
    > afraid I am UK too! You don't hear about many US citizens going to Oz,
    > tho' guess there must be - that crazy crocodile man Steve Irwin
    > married
    > an American and she lives in Oz with him. Maybe you could give her a
    > call! Seriously, are you having problems or is it fairly
    > straightforward
    > for US citizens? I would imagine the Aus government will extract large
    > sums of cash from you as there are no reciprocal arrangements with the
    > US are there or does that not matter where spousal visas are
    > concerned?
    >
    > Sarah
    >
    > --

Hi Sarah - not having any problems - we actually only lodged a month
ago...I am just trying to find others who are applying for a Spousal
visa in the US for migration to Oz so I can determine
time-line...having no luck!! :(

Apparently, the time line for the UK is really quick - my sister and
brother were living there, and they sponsored their spouses who are
british, and got the approvals within 2 weeks!!!

Good luck - hope your time line is just as quick!! :)
Juliet

--

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

I haven't looked at how much skills visas cost but can see from some people's timelines that they have been waiting a while. You are right! I totally take my hat off to people who have the guts to emigrate with no family over there. Although our family is spread out, it is comforting to know that there are others over there!! People must really feel they will get a better life to put that much energy and finance into it. I hope they are right. My feeling is that life won't change that much but will generally feel less stressed with having more space around you and better weather making for a more outdoor lifestyle!