spouse visa time frame

Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

hughes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa time frame

Originally Posted by Sheilaxxx
hi ya

WOW, thats great news. i wonder how long it will take now? i wish someone would contact me.

no news here. i got my boys aussie passport back today, that was the only thing missing on my application, i hope!!! so i think i'll wait till case officer contacts me.

do you think they'll be looking for a copy of passports or just passport numbers.
Hi Sheila

Have you had any word yet?

Laura
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:15 am
From Wexford to Sydney

Sheilaxxx is on a distinguished road

hi laura,

no real news yet. so upsetting. rang london. they said that visa is with case officer but still no word from case officer. i got chatting to woman on the phone an explained how my older boy is really missing his daddy and is so out of sorts. she said she would email case officer to try to bump my file up! somehow or other i cant imagine that happening. just have to wait and see. any news with you yet??
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:56 am
Just Joined

hi laura,

no real news yet. so upsetting. rang london. they said that visa is with case officer but still no word from case officer. i got chatting to woman on the phone an explained how my older boy is really missing his daddy and is so out of sorts. she said she would email case officer to try to bump my file up! somehow or other i cant imagine that happening. just have to wait and see. any news with you yet??
They only received my meds yesterday so im not expecting to hear for a couple of weeks yet. Eeeek!
Thats awful that you've had to wait so long though, i really hope they do bump your file up. We are in no rush so tell them i said you can jump in before me!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:38 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

well it worked after all. got word by email this morning from my new case officer YIPEE

can you believe i forgot to sign my 47sp. got knows i must have gone throu it all a million times. so i just have to send off page signed and sign form 1281, australian values statement.

anyone any info on that form re permanent or temp.

hopefully thats it. she said she'll process application asap. so off to the post office now...

this has made my day
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

well it worked after all. got word by email this morning from my new case officer YIPEE

can you believe i forgot to sign my 47sp. got knows i must have gone throu it all a million times. so i just have to send off page signed and sign form 1281, australian values statement.

anyone any info on that form re permanent or temp.

hopefully thats it. she said she'll process application asap. so off to the post office now...

this has made my day
Hi,

Just to let you know that my Visa was granted yesterday. Havent stopped celebrating! Was surprised that they granted Permanent without asking for more evidence.
I really hope you get yours soon!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:40 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

hi laura,

i'm so delighted for you. that is great news. bring on the bubbly... congrats. so what next. when are you hoping to make the big move.

i'll be flat out checking my mail all this week. hope i'm as lucky as you. i dont care if its permanent or temporary. but it sure is a bonus
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

hi laura,

i'm so delighted for you. that is great news. bring on the bubbly... congrats. so what next. when are you hoping to make the big move.

i'll be flat out checking my mail all this week. hope i'm as lucky as you. i dont care if its permanent or temporary. but it sure is a bonus
Me and the hubby are going out in April for a reccie and we are going to book our one way flights for October next year. We NEED the house to sell first so plan on giving it 12 months. Cant wait though, really excited!
I have my fingers crossed that you hear soon, its crazy how it works. SOme people have them granted in a couple of days, some a few weeks and some a few months?!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Congrats on the visa - you lucky people, you!

Just a quick question - is there a time limit on it? I mean, is there a date by which you have to be in Australia? We are ready to send OH's application off, but don't want to do it too soon if there is an expiry date on it for him to enter Aus... Want to go asap, but there is the small matter of selling the house first

If only I could win the lottery, it wouldn't matter so much!

Lou
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:26 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie4me
Congrats on the visa - you lucky people, you!

Just a quick question - is there a time limit on it? I mean, is there a date by which you have to be in Australia? We are ready to send OH's application off, but don't want to do it too soon if there is an expiry date on it for him to enter Aus... Want to go asap, but there is the small matter of selling the house first

If only I could win the lottery, it wouldn't matter so much!

Lou
Initial entry date is based on the dates on the police check and medicals. You will have 12 months from whichever of these is earlier. So say police check is dated 01 Jul 08, you MUST validate by 30 Jun 09.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:33 am
From Wexford to Sydney

we were planning on making the big move 2 years ago also but we couldnt sell the house and thought there is no way we could afford it otherwise. so when my husband got offered a job paying for visa, flights, relocation expenses, etc we decided to go for it. so we decided to take the chance and rent out the house. so all i need now is my bloody visa and i'm off. my husband has been working in oz now for three weeks and feels he definately has made the right decision. so here's to all our new lives down under...
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Crikey! Are you STILL waiting for your visa? I was under the impression that Spouse visas were pretty quick... It must be really hard for you staying in UK with little ones, while OH is down under. I hope you get good news soon and then you can be on your way. Fingers crossed for you. Lou x
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:20 am
From Wexford to Sydney

YIPEE

I'm off to australia. visa just been approved
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:40 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

YIPEE

Great news,crack open the bubbly
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

YIPEE

Congrats!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
When are you going? Good things come to those who wait they say!
Good luck, let us know how you get on.
Lou x