spouse visa time frame

Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:48 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

Sheilaxxx is on a distinguished road
Default spouse visa time frame

hi

just wondering has anyone applied for a spouse visa lately and how long did it take before it was granted.

i'm checking emails every minute waiting for some sort of word from mine
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

hughes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa time frame

Hi

Some are being granted in days!

I posted mine two weeks ago, and have heard nothing yet. If i hadnt checked my bank balance and seen that the fee had been taken, i'd be questioning if they'd received it!
I did put a covering letter in stating my medical wasnt until 19th Sept, so maybe theyre just waiting on that.

Good luck
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheilaxxx
hi

just wondering has anyone applied for a spouse visa lately and how long did it take before it was granted.

i'm checking emails every minute waiting for some sort of word from mine
Depends on where you are lodging the visa, and if it is likely to be straightforward or to have any issues such as medical, convictions etc.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:38 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

i lodged mine on the 8th, last monday. fees were taken out of my account on thursday. i frontloaded my meds, police clearance, and form 80. only thing missing on form were childrens oz passport numbers which i should have back any day. cant stand the wait. my OH left last monday due to work commitments, i have visions of still being here at christmas.

it was lodged in london.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

i lodged mine on the 8th, last monday. fees were taken out of my account on thursday. i frontloaded my meds, police clearance, and form 80. only thing missing on form were childrens oz passport numbers which i should have back any day. cant stand the wait. my OH left last monday due to work commitments, i have visions of still being here at christmas.

it was lodged in london.
Could be a matter of a few days once you supply the passport numbers
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:28 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

thanks pollyana. its good to hear that. should i wait for them to contact me first.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi

I rang the 090 £1 per min line today and the lady said that for spouse visas, in general they will contact you 2 weeks after the payment has been taken. She could tell me that no one has assessment my application yet but to expect something from them in the next few days. She also said if you have a hotmail or yahoo email account, make sure you check the junk folder as emails from them are notorious for ending up in there. She was very helpfull actually (well for £1 per minute, I would hope so!)
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:13 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

Originally Posted by hughes
Hi

I rang the 090 £1 per min line today and the lady said that for spouse visas, in general they will contact you 2 weeks after the payment has been taken. She could tell me that no one has assessment my application yet but to expect something from them in the next few days. She also said if you have a hotmail or yahoo email account, make sure you check the junk folder as emails from them are notorious for ending up in there. She was very helpfull actually (well for £1 per minute, I would hope so!)

thats great to know hughes. i rang dublin embassy and i will have kids passports tomorrow or fri, so will ring london then with passport numbers. hopefully everything will be straightforward after that.

when are you hoping to head down under?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:10 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

Originally Posted by hughes
Hi

you obviously got a different lady to me!!!!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

you obviously got a different lady to me!!!!!!!
Lol what did she say?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road

make sure you check your "spam" box!- that's where my visa grant ended up.... I only found out three weeks later when I was getting a little concerned and contacted London- only to be told that it had been granted in under 48 hours
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:22 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

she just told me to wait til they contact me and it will prob be two weeks.
i felt like crying, this whole waiting game is driving me demented....
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

she just told me to wait til they contact me and it will prob be two weeks.
i felt like crying, this whole waiting game is driving me demented....
Hi

I got an email today, exactly two weeks since payment taken!

All they are asking for is my meds, and i had these done this afternoon

Have you heard anything yet?
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:58 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

hi ya

WOW, thats great news. i wonder how long it will take now? i wish someone would contact me.

no news here. i got my boys aussie passport back today, that was the only thing missing on my application, i hope!!! so i think i'll wait till case officer contacts me.

do you think they'll be looking for a copy of passports or just passport numbers.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

hi ya

WOW, thats great news. i wonder how long it will take now? i wish someone would contact me.

no news here. i got my boys aussie passport back today, that was the only thing missing on my application, i hope!!! so i think i'll wait till case officer contacts me.

do you think they'll be looking for a copy of passports or just passport numbers.

Hi

Any news yet?

Welshie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.