Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Sep 6th 2011, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

saboo has a spectacular aura aboutsaboo has a spectacular aura aboutsaboo has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Hi - great idea...as soon as I get this application in I'll get his British passport sorted. I'd hate for him to hit 18 ready to travel and not have a UK passport too!
Old Sep 6th 2011, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

saboo has a spectacular aura aboutsaboo has a spectacular aura aboutsaboo has a spectacular aura about

Quick Q: when asked for certified copies of my passport, I presumed it meant just the ID page, but does it mean ALL pages?

This statement has thrown me:

Certified copies of the passports or travel documents of all people included in your application (particularly biographical data pages).

This is in the 801/820 checklist PDF. The 'particularly' biographical data pages has made me think that including ONLY this page is a bit light....?
Old Sep 6th 2011, 11:36 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saboo
Quick Q: when asked for certified copies of my passport, I presumed it meant just the ID page, but does it mean ALL pages?

Certified copies of the passports or travel documents of all people included in your application (particularly biographical data pages).

This is in the 801/820 checklist PDF. The 'particularly' biographical data pages has made me think that including ONLY this page is a bit light....?
It does just mean the ID page well that's all I sent and it worked for me! I presume that the statement perhaps covers passports from other countries where maybe the info about the person is on more than one page - but that's me just guessing. Just copy your ID page and get that certified and you should be fine!
Old Sep 6th 2011, 11:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

When I did mine, it meant all pages that had been used as well as the bio page. I'm sure it says that somewhere but it could have changed I guess.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 11:53 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Passport details

The passport you use should be the one you intend to use to travel to Australia if a visa is granted. This passport should be valid for at least two years.

This passport must be used to provide evidence of your identity when required as part of your application process. You and any accompanying family members on your passport will need to present this passport to the doctor when undertaking health examinations. Accompanying family members who are not on your passport will also need to provide their own passport.

You must provide certified copies, and translations where necessary, of the 'Personal Particulars' page of all your passport/s, and those of any accompanying family members. You should also include any stamps or authorisations amending passport details, such as passport validity extensions.

If you, or any family member, do not currently hold a passport, or need to renew a passport, please do so before lodging your application so the certified copies of the relevant pages can be included in your application.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nformation.htm

To be honest, I always thought it was just the biographical page, but looking at this, I think Moneypenny's correct about it being the pages that are used in addition to the biographical page.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
To be honest, I always thought it was just the biographical page, but looking at this, I think Moneypenny's correct about it being the pages that are used in addition to the biographical page.
Thanks for the link...but I'm thinking that

You must provide certified copies, and translations where necessary, of the 'Personal Particulars' page of all your passport/s, and those of any accompanying family members. You should also include any stamps or authorisations amending passport details, such as passport validity extensions.

Suggests unless I've got a visa extension or change of details page in there just the main photo page should be fine....

If I DO have to get a CC of any page with a stamp on it I'll be with the JP all day!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:31 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is that when I submitted my applications, prospective spouse and then the temp spouse all I sent in was the photo page and that was not queried. My passport is well used so I'm glad I didn't have to do all the pages!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
All I can say is that when I submitted my applications, prospective spouse and then the temp spouse all I sent in was the photo page and that was not queried. My passport is well used so I'm glad I didn't have to do all the pages!
I think that's the way I'll go....
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Jlsr is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanting to confirm something about PCC, forgive me if this has already been dealtt with on here. I had mine done in 2007 for PR visa, am I right in thinking I have to have mine re-done again to include with 40SP. I've been in US for last 12 months +.
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jlsr
Just wanting to confirm something about PCC, forgive me if this has already been dealtt with on here. I had mine done in 2007 for PR visa, am I right in thinking I have to have mine re-done again to include with 40SP. I've been in US for last 12 months +.
Thanks in advance
If you are the sponsor they don't usually ask for police checks unless there are children involved in the application. Are you just sponsoring your partner or does he/she have kids as well?
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are the sponsor they don't usually ask for police checks unless there are children involved in the application. Are you just sponsoring your partner or does he/she have kids as well?
We have an 18 month old together.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We have an 18 month old together.
They might well ask for police checks on you then - I'm guessing the kiddie doesn't have either a visa or Aus citizenship, so will have to be included on the application?
Old Sep 7th 2011, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They might well ask for police checks on you then - I'm guessing the kiddie doesn't have either a visa or Aus citizenship, so will have to be included on the application?
No, just included her on form 40sp & 47sp. Assuming she doesn't need PC's
Old Sep 7th 2011, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

q 41 on 47SP: Do you have the sole legal right to determine where each child shall live or to remove each child from their home country?

Assuming we answer 'no' as we have joint custody?

Give details of ALL other people who have custody, access
or guardianship rights in relation to the child(ren)
You must attach a statutory declaration from each of these
people giving permission for the child(ren) to migrate

Do I have to write a SD to give permission if i'm the mother and she's on my 40 SP form?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 8th 2011, 12:45 am
Feeble Minded

q 41 on 47SP: Do you have the sole legal right to determine where each child shall live or to remove each child from their home country?

Assuming we answer 'no' as we have joint custody?

Give details of ALL other people who have custody, access
or guardianship rights in relation to the child(ren)
You must attach a statutory declaration from each of these
people giving permission for the child(ren) to migrate

Do I have to write a SD to give permission if i'm the mother and she's on my 40 SP form?

Thanks in advance
Personally, I wouldn't think you would have to do the SD - I would answer "No" as you have said and just write an additional note next to it to say that your sponsoring partner detailed on 40sp has joint custody and that you are all planning to make the move together. The point of the question is for when there are former partners/guardians who are not emigrating to confirm that the move is made with their full consent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.