Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

sansin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Congratulations Cat74. Very well within the service standards of DIAC. Hoping that it will turn out to be the same for us as well.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

After a few weeks of not much happening I have received the form to sign declaring my children will have to apply for visas on their own merits(no medicals) and have had a request for a more up to date police cert as mine runs out in september. Looks like things are progressing :-)
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

savageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to all

After exactly 4 months to the day, I was granted my provisional partner visa (subclass 309) on Friday. No questions asked, no interview, in fact the first communication I had directly from a CO was to let me know that my visa is granted. How exciting!!! We plan to make the big move in early January.

Now I have a question about initial entry. I assume that all I need to do is enter Australia with the passport that was used in my application, and they will find my visa in their system? Or should I print the approval email from the CO and bring that with me to present to the customs officer when I enter the country?
OR should I go to the embassy and get a physical visa sticker added to my passport?
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by savageb
After exactly 4 months to the day, I was granted my provisional partner visa (subclass 309) on Friday. No questions asked, no interview, in fact the first communication I had directly from a CO was to let me know that my visa is granted. How exciting!!! We plan to make the big move in early January.

Now I have a question about initial entry. I assume that all I need to do is enter Australia with the passport that was used in my application, and they will find my visa in their system? Or should I print the approval email from the CO and bring that with me to present to the customs officer when I enter the country?
OR should I go to the embassy and get a physical visa sticker added to my passport?
Many congrats.

You can do any of those things. However, I would recommend you do get the sticker at some point. Whilst you'd have no problems coming over as you will show up on the system, some places, including some fairly dumb Medicare personnel refuse to understand technology and will only accept a physical sticker in a passport. Easily got though if you leave it till you get here.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

savageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Many congrats.

You can do any of those things. However, I would recommend you do get the sticker at some point. Whilst you'd have no problems coming over as you will show up on the system, some places, including some fairly dumb Medicare personnel refuse to understand technology and will only accept a physical sticker in a passport. Easily got though if you leave it till you get here.
Thank you so much for the response and information. You are always so helpful.

So I can get the visa sticker once landed in Australia? How does one go about doing that?

Thanks again!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for the response and information. You are always so helpful.

So I can get the visa sticker once landed in Australia? How does one go about doing that?

Thanks again!
No worries. You just dive into your nearest DIAC office and they'll do it there and then, no fee. Depending on where you are or even if you're in the UK, can be easier than getting to AHC London by 9am. (no idea about other HCs)
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No worries. You just dive into your nearest DIAC office and they'll do it there and then, no fee. Depending on where you are or even if you're in the UK, can be easier than getting to AHC London by 9am. (no idea about other HCs)
Brilliant, that is definitely something to keep in mind then. Cheers!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jlsr
Congrats! Break out the champers!
We're just starting down that path, hope to be there in the new year.
I tell you what it is well worth the wait and all the paper work..Next I want to go for my citizenship.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

navdeepkaur is an unknown quantity at this point

u must have sticker other wise they will sometimes not let u clear customs and immigration .go to nearly immigration office and have sticker its free of cost.if u print out visa papers along wd passport that will be ok but dont travel wdout anything
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:50 am
PMV
Forum Regular

PMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by navdeepkaur
u must have sticker other wise they will sometimes not let u clear customs and immigration .go to nearly immigration office and have sticker its free of cost.if u print out visa papers along wd passport that will be ok but dont travel wdout anything
That may have been true in the past, but is no longer the case, as it is all electronic, and you do not HAVE to get your visa in your passport.

I arrived last year, without a visa in my passport, but cleared immigration no problem. It's worth bringing your grant letter, just for your own peace of mind, but I wasn't asked for it.

Although it's no harm to get your visa in your passport, and many people find it useful, I have not needed it since I arrived 9 months ago. Immigration, job, tax, banks, renting, medicare .. all sorted without any visa in my passport.
Congrats and good luck with the move
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Nonsense.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

sansin is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not find anything of non sensibility in the reply navdeepkaur posted. So, please be courteous and respectful to others.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:16 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sansin
I do not find anything of non sensibility in the reply navdeepkaur posted. So, please be courteous and respectful to others.
What navdeepkaur said was incorrect. You don't have to have a sticker anymore. The person who posed the question has already been advised by others that for peace of mind they might want to take a copy of the grant letter but other than that they do not have to put themselves to the trouble of getting the sticker which may not be convenient for them.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

navdeepkaur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
What navdeepkaur said was incorrect. You don't have to have a sticker anymore. The person who posed the question has already been advised by others that for peace of mind they might want to take a copy of the grant letter but other than that they do not have to put themselves to the trouble of getting the sticker which may not be convenient for them.
its all rite i dont mind . i know some people r short tempered and crack minded. they dont know how to behave in socially
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

its all rite i dont mind . i know some people r short tempered and crack minded. they dont know how to behave in socially
Are you referring to me? The post concerned was nonsense and is proved to be so by countless posts on the same subject and confirmed by DIAC. It was incorrect, end of story. Strangely enough, BE doesn't want or encourage incorrect advice to pass without comment, people can find visas rejected, life made more complicated etc. that way. I am not short tempered, nor crack minded. I know perfectly well how to behave socially thanks. I could have written my previous post again to back up my comment of 'nonsense' however that seemed then, and does now, pointless.

I do mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.